Visions of a Dead Girl

Everyone has a story, mine just seems to be more depressing than most, and it’s far away from starting with “Once Upon A Time”. Though, it does start a little like this.

His name was Cady, yes, strange name for a boy, but It was the last thing that mattered to me. We met through his older sister, and became instant friends, though these instant friendships usually turn out to be more than just friendships. He was the strong silent type, usually sitting in the background or just randomly cracking weird jokes when Jenna and I were bored or upset. We never really talked at first, until a week before our school’s homecoming dance. It was a big thing, and nobody could wait for it. There would be dancing, dresses, and dates, three things I actually hated. In all of my high school, and middle school, careers, I had never had a date to a school dance, until Cady. Jenna had gone down town to finally pick up our food, and Cady just sat next to me like he always did. We sat in silence for a long time, listening to the opening music of our DVD over and over again while we waited for Jenna. That’s when he just blurted it out. “Will you go to homecoming with me?” I, of course, was in complete shock. All I could do was nod, and the next thing I know, I was falling asleep in his arms as we awaited Jenna’s arrival back.

The months after were just as good, Cady and I were going strong, even though we weren’t officially going at all. He had just gotten out of a bad relationship, and he wanted to make sure he was ready for another one before we became serious at all. I didn’t mind, I was glad he was taking the time to think about it, instead of just jumping into things and breaking my heart afterwards. Of course, when you’re in a relationship like that, things can get rocky. I befriended the new girl in school, because no one else would, and she repaid me by asking him out, and to prom, even though that was miles away. I was distraught, heartbroken, and morally crushed. I couldn’t talk for days, I felt horrible ignoring calls and IM’s, but I just couldn’t deal with the world. I should have been careful though, because just as my doctor predicted, my treatment failed, and I wound up back in the hospital before I could tell anyone what was wrong with me.

I had been diagnosed with Leukemia when I was nine, and they had kept it at bay until then. Everything that had happened just sparked it back up, and they had to take me in for private care. Still, no one knew what was wrong, why I was frequently away from school, except for the nurse at my school. She was the only person I could think of calling. “I need you to stop by the hospital, room 114, I have something you need to deliver for me.” She came as she was called, taking the folded up letter back to the school with her. Cady was probably shocked when he read it, scared, and confused. He probably wondered why I told him not to tell anyone.

Cady,
I’m writing to you because you deserve to know what’s wrong with me. I have Leukemia, and it’s getting worse. I’m sorry for ruining what we had.

I love you.

The following morning I saw the article in the paper. Seventeen year old Cady Hampson was found in his attic hanging from an old rope coil. It broke me, completely and utterly. I refused to take treatments any more, I told them if God was going to let me die, then I’d die freely, so I could be with Cady again.

That night I saw him, and he kissed me for the first time.

Char_Baby! said...
Dec. 3, 2009 at 7:27 am:
Thank you guys all so much for your comments! I'm really glad this silly little thing can get the reactions it got! Just so you know, I am putting some of my new stuff out soon! Just waiting for it to finish pending!

eviegirl445 said...
Wow . . . So sad! :( But a good writer can stir emotions! Great job!

Char_Baby! replied...
Dec. 3, 2009 at 7:25 am :
Thanks. I'm glad I can stir at least a little emotion with something I wrote in 10 minutes!

Dara R. said...
okay im sitting here bawling my eyes out but its a great story and honestly one of the best things i have ever read

Char_Baby! replied...
Dec. 3, 2009 at 7:12 am :
Haha. Thank you so much! I'm glad you actually liked it that much!

!!!singer!!! said...
Oct. 8, 2009 at 11:58 am:
Omg I almost cried reading this!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!

Char_Baby! replied...
Dec. 3, 2009 at 7:26 am :
Ha. Thank you! I get that reaction alot. I'm glad I can do that!

Nighthawk21 said...
Wow that was amzing, I am at awe of how goo that story was.... Keep up the good work

Char_Baby! replied...
Dec. 3, 2009 at 7:26 am :
Thank you so much. I'm really glad you liked it!

Sparrow31 said...
this was a really sad story, but a great story. its probably the best story i have ever read by a teen. great job and keep up the work.

Char_Baby! replied...
Dec. 3, 2009 at 7:12 am :
Thank you so so much! Alot of people said this is a dark story, but I tried to find the brighter side of it!

pndze said...
Oh my God. That was so just like touching and sweet. Some people might say it had a sad ending, but I think it was a happy one. even though they died, they got to be together. It was such a beautiful story. Keep it up!

Char_Baby! replied...
Dec. 3, 2009 at 7:11 am :
Thank you! Your praises mean a lot to me!

KiraKira said...
This is beautiful. I totally did not expect the ending, which is a good thing. I was stunned, and moved deeply. Great work!

lovers<3 said...
holy moly, that was adorable! and sad. did that really happen to you? i hope not because i litterally would bawl my eyes out! god bless

Char_Baby! replied...
Sept. 29, 2009 at 5:36 pm :
Not all of it actually! There is a bit of the story about me. But not all of it! Glad you liked it!

Char_Baby! said...
Sept. 28, 2009 at 7:03 am:
Thank you so much! I seriously just wrote this in like...10 minutes. But I'm glad you liked it!

hulagirl8866 replied...
Sept. 29, 2009 at 3:47 pm :
you are such a good writer! i could of never thought of this story!!!! great job :) :) <3

nuts4duff said...
oh my gosh, i have goosebumps

Kaitlyn S. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Okay, so this made me cry! I loved how it was written! Please write more! I absolutely LOVED it!