First Kiss

By , Boston, MA
“Come closer” he says. I walk across the front porch moving lingeringly threw the summer night air. I stop to breathe it in. It fills me with an energy that crackles through my body jump-starting my heart. It beats loudly. I feel it in me as it throws itself against my chest. I feel its swelling pulse in my wrists and fingertips. I feel it in the bottom of my stomach.
I lean against the railing facing him but I can’t look at him.
“Closer.” His voice is deep and hoarse. I feel him scrutinizing me. He slides two fingers into a belt loop on either side of my hips and pulls me to him. I laugh and finally look up. He was smiling broadly down at me. He continues staring. Not wanting to be the first to look away but finding the tension unbearable i cannot help but to look down yet again. He unclasps a hand from behind my waist and lifts it to my face. As he did so it shook.

“I guess I’m more nervous than I thought I’d be” he says in that same low voice. He tilts my face towards his. His stare remains unbroken but the smile has vanished and a new intensity has overwhelmed his face. Then slowly, he kisses me.

Carolyn Jo S. said...
Aww i love it... kinda wish my first kiss was like that. that is so romantic... very good :)

Let_It_Be replied...
i havent had my first kiss yet. i hope it turns out like this!!! <3

Peace.Love.Music. replied...
Don't we all want our first kiss to be like that? I wanted mine to be romantic and special, but I got it behind the dumpsters at school. He gave me a five minute speech first about taking our relationship to the next level. I was like "umm.. I'm 13, so shutup an kiss me?" haha.

Anonymous99 said...
Jun. 23, 2010 at 11:18 am
You used a great amount of imagery to the point that I felt I was right there watching!Like swimchick said"I suggest you not say I so much". The last sentence could use imagery to. Again the short story was great! :)

charlygee said...
Jun. 23, 2010 at 9:28 am

That was adorable! Very descriptive and realistic. :)

If you have a moment, will you check out/comment on my work?

gymbabe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 23, 2010 at 7:01 am

That's really sweet, very welll described.  Great job.  Keep writing!

Btw, will you check out and comment on my work?

CassieSherman14 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

aww! that's sooo cute! you should write more...

polyprincess16 said...
SO CUTE!!! really good imagery & description. i really loved it, but i also wish you would have continued on...keep writing!

ShannonVictoria said...
Good Job!!! It was so cute and...haha idk. i really liked it though. good job. :D:D:D:D

Ally25 said...

This was awsome..good job.

ShannonVictoria said...
awww! i love it! its sooooo cute and sweet! Nice Job!

hayhayrene said...
Mar. 27, 2010 at 8:17 am
okay this is just simply amaing

SwimChick said...
Okay, I liked this. A lot actually, it was a very good story.
That being said I would suggest you not saying I so much, it seems to take away from the breathataking scene you're going for here.
This is an excellent shortstory anyways though,
excellent job

little-miss-sunshine said...
You definitely have a basis for something there. The descriptions were beautiful! I'd love to see this put into a story.

ClockworkLightbulb said...
This is really good. short and sweet. (;

iloveryoualot said...
I thought that this was really good and I hope that you write more

Lisette-Midnight said...
Dec. 29, 2009 at 11:11 am
This is wonderful!!!!

megstar96 said...
love it!!!

tgir85 said...
OMG!!!! its awesome!!!!! great !!!! your very descriptive!!!! I LOVE IT!!! write more!!:D

Kauro-Dono replied...
Nov. 13, 2009 at 10:23 am
I couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VanillaTwilight replied...
ditto! encore! encore!