Damn, Shifters ep 2

Two weeks ago.
"Shifter"
The word rolled off my toungue as I read the title of the novel I picked up in the library. I screatched my torquoise hair then flipped it back. An old lady with too-thick glasses, stared at me then began shaking her head as she gawked at my hair. Well, forget you too, gosh. I wore my hair like this because it was a statement that I dont care what you think of me. I ignored the other gawking eyes and began to skim through the book, until I found myself mesmorized by a picture in the middle of the novel. His eyes were pale-blue that seemed to be entreating me as he crouched underneath the other beasts surrounding him. He was a beautiful snow tiger surrounded by orange tigers. He just laid there beneath with eyes of sadness. My stomach tightend. I frantically read the sub-text just below the picture outloud. It said:

"Shifters are those who can transform into a certain animal. They are usaully bunched in with clans who can turn into the same creature as they can. here we have the Bourgeois clan. They turn into different types of tigers. Specifically the snow tiger is worshipped in their clan. It was decided long ago that they would be the leaders of the clan. "

I gave a low whistle as I closed the book. Amazing. "Vampires are better." I said outloud mainly to myself. I walked to the other shelf. "Those geek monsters dont campare". The voice striked me with one solid-blow. I turned around then looked on the floor. There he sat with jet black hair with a white shirt with black jeans. His eyes almost seemed to match his sclera. They were such a pale blue, I couldnt even make out the out-line of his iris. He searched me up and down, licking his lips, then gave me a smile, more like a smirk. Jerk. I smiled back with more intensity. "Shifters couldnt last a minute against those, I quote, 'geek monsters', thank you very much." I turned on my heel and walked to another aisle. I watched him from a distance. I watched his gold skin glow a silky shimmer that had me wondering what he tasted like. Oh, ew. Im a perve.
I cirlced back aroundthis time dropping to my knees as i came to the other side of the shelf he was sitting at. I watched him sigh then turn the page on his novel he was reading. He then closed the book and threw it in the air. The book slid smoothley back in the proper space without a sound. I felt my jaw drop as he reached behind and grabbed another book. I felt a deep strain on my heart as if someone was trying to tear it out.
I think he stole it.
"Do you like what you see?" a familiar voice began to ring in my ears as he slowly tuned his face half way and pointed those beautiful eyes directly into mine. I shuddered. He was beautiful.

wishingtheskywasbluer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 4, 2012 at 1:27 am:
the first one was pretty good but this one feels kind of rushed.

Robsessed said...
Darn right Vampires are better! LOL. Really liking the story so far...

RockGirl182This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 26, 2011 at 10:46 pm :
i agree vamps are the BEST ;) 

DiamondsIntheGrass This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
AHH  HA! it is making a lot of sense now.  love this series.  cant wait for the next one!  wait... jsut so i get htis straight, he (whoever he is; what is his name anyway?) is a shifter? and wahts a sclera? and y does he cal his family a d**che?

duchesskrissy22 said...
Mar. 20, 2010 at 2:37 am:
dis is awesome..except for da fact dat it got me confused on the title but great job!!

iPonder said...
ahh sorry everybody! ive beennn so out of it lately! i have this whole story written in a notebook. I just havnt had the time to get it all on the computer! But I wont let you down! Thank you for your support! i love your comments sooooo much! hope u had happy holidays!

imnotjaye replied...
Jan. 19, 2010 at 3:41 pm :
i hav a question.... is this the 1 after the one where she wants to kill the guy?

iPonder replied...
Feb. 18, 2010 at 10:00 pm :
yes it is.

SmileitsCaroline This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
shifters 3 pleaseeee :)

Bookaddict said...
If this story is completed and turned into a novel i will be the first one in line to but it. This sounds like my sort of thing! Please continue on so i can eat the story up...after all i am addicted to a fantastic story. I'm looking for my next binge reading.

Kitten111 replied...
Oct. 1, 2009 at 3:05 am :
WOW your so so good at writing .... i wish i could write as good as you.... plz tell me if you ever write a book coz ill be da forst to buy it :) I wouldn't be surprised if you became an author. I would if I was good enough :)

Ms.Chioffe rocks! said...
Woa, this sounds like the begining of a deliciously tempting novel, may I be one of the first to read it, I do not know. Funny how u said u were a perve. Hilarious, actually, but I may have described myself as the same. A girl far more educated in social things than her parents would want her to be, and using that knowledge to check out hot guys in a different way than what I had without this intelligence. By the way, I'm not a geek, but I'm not "popular" either. I'm jus... (more »)

agsmiley888 replied...
Apr. 17, 2010 at 7:04 pm :
i agree with you, the story is seriously good and well written, maybe some parts were a bit cobfusing but i think itll explain itself in time.  Keep up the good work i love your writing.