Grains of Sand

By , Trinity, FL
I hated her. I hated how she ignored his efforts even though he would kill for her, even though he was standing there pouring his heart out to her, and she was just silent, letting him walk away without even saying anything.

She didn’t know I was watching, but I was. I had seen everything.

“I love you,” He said, and she stared at him, watching as he left her, watching as he got into his car and drove away.

I wish I were her. I would call him up, tell him I was completely and utterly in love with him, and we would be together just like it was meant to be.

But no, she had to be stupid and stubborn and stuck up, worrying about what other people though before considering her own opinion.

He was terribly misunderstood, a troublemaker, while she was a child prodigy, destined to do great while he just wandered, doing what he wanted while he felt like.

In my opinion, the latter is the better plan. In my opinion it is better to do what you feel like in the moment, to be spontaneous, than to follow a strict regiment, to go through life doing what everyone else tells you, doing what they want you to do.

What is life if it is not spontaneous? Why are we here if it is not to do what we want? How could she not love him? I would die for him, I would die to touch him, to know that he was mine and that he loved me, and no one else.

She jus t let him drift away, like sand being washed away by the tide.

But me, I love the sand, and I would stand in the water’s way, fighting to protect my square of beach, fighting to protect the essence of love and freedom.

smileyface96 said...
Good jobbb!

remembermeplz said...

very good.I love♥ it =D

keep it up

emoducks said...
this was amazing. keep writing :)

NeverGonaBeAlone said...
oh my gosh. That is amazing. You are an amazing writer. Keep writing. Can't wait to read more of your stuff:)

raerae900 said...
That was really good. :) I like the way you described the character's feelings. I knew exactly what they felt. 

TigerLynn said...
good descriptions i really like how you compared him to sand.

AshoIncognito said...
This was great. Beautiful style, wonderful comparisions. I had goosebumps through the whole thing. Keep writing!

Em H. said...
I know exactly how that feels. I love this article. Keep writing!!!!!!!!!!!

demartinot said...
i think that this article was great. you did an amazing job by comparing the sand and the beach, to love and romance. ''she just let him drift away, like sand being washed away by the tide.'' that sentence was a good way to relate love to the ocean.

Bookaddict said...
You have talent, i think this was a great piece! :)

kellygurl365 said...
you are a great writer and it was amazing reading this. it was exactly what i needed to read today! thank you!

Jaquie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow. This is amazing. I really can relate to this. I have nothing more to say because you've left me speechless. I'll stop now before I burst out in tears. Keep writing.
God bless,
...,