P.S Remember Me Always

“Remember?” I ask for what seemed the thousandth time.
“I’m sorry, no” Nate answers, sending my heart into hell. This is pointless; he isn’t ever going to remember me.
“Okay,” I sigh, holding back tears. Once upon a time Nate loved me, until he drove into a tree. That made his memory of the last two years to be erased. Sadly, I met him only a year before the accident, so he doesn’t remember me. Whoever said love conquers all never had to deal with memory loss.

“I’m sorry, really. But it’s all just a blank,” I looked into his chocolate brown eyes. Oh, how I wanted for him to hold me close. A sharp pain ran through my chest just at the thought of lying in his arms. A single tear escaped my eyes, rolling down my cheek onto the ground below.

“I guess this is goodbye then,” I whisper. Pain crossed his features. He may not remember our love, but we somehow managed to become close friends through everything. I was the only one who hadn’t given up on him, but I just couldn’t take it no more.

“Please don’t say that,” He breathed. I watch tears spill over his eyes. I raised my hand and wiped away his liquid pain, and then I leaned in and kissed his cheek. Finally, I walked away from my lost true love.

Will I love again? Maybe. Will I ever love someone as much as Nate? Never.

**********4 years later************

“Nate!” I run across the green grass into his arms.
“Lora,” He whispers in my ear. I could stay in his arms forever. But the tug on my skirt causes me to pull away and crouch down. Two big blue eyes stared back at me, the same colour as my own eyes.

“Melody, I want you to meet Nate.” My daughter of two and a half years reached for my hand. Then I watched as she looked up at the man above her.
“Hwello,” She said. I giggled at how she always pronounced her words with an extra W.
I looked up towards a smiling Nate. I had never told him that I had a child after I left him behind.
“Hi there,” I felt my heart leap when I looked at his wonderful smile. A smile he had once gave me when we had been in love. But that was the past.

“Melody, why don’t you go play while Nate and Mommy talk?” Melody smiled at me, then rushed towards the playground, brown hair flying behind her the whole way. I let out a sigh and headed towards a nearby bench.

“I’ve missed you,” Nate reached for my hand.
“How can you miss something you can’t even remember?” I mutter thinking foolishly that he can’t hear. But then I felt his hand pull away. I turned to see he had placed his face within both hands.

“That’s just the thing,” Nate raised his head and looked intently at me.
“Huh?”
“I called you here for two reasons, Lora. One, I missed you. Two, I think I remeb-
“Don’t,” I whisper, tears filling my eyes.
“Don’t?”
“Please, just don’t. Don’t say it,” Tears began flowing, with no hope of stopping.
“Why?”

“Because I don’t love you anymore.” I breathe. I could hear my heart breaking, but it had to be said.

“I’m sorry,”
“I’m not,” I lied.
“Please don’t leave!” He cried. My heart told me to turn back and run to him. But my brain knew better. I knew he would hurt now, but if I stayed he would be worse later.

“Melody lets go home!” I called to her. She ran over and took my hand. Then she turned back towards Nate. Then she turned back to look at me.
“But mommy, you said daddy was coming with us,” She whined.

“Daddy doesn’t remember.” I lied for hopefully the last time.

*********10 years later************

“Nate Stone?” I ask a tall man standing in the open doorway.
“Yes,” I couldn’t help but gasp.
“Dad!” I ran into his arms. He was surprised, I could tell. I pulled back slightly, tears of both pain and happiness running down my cheeks. “It’s me, Melody!”

“Melody?” He said, shocked.

“Wait, I got something.” I began to search through my backpack. Finally, I found the thick envelope with Nate written across it.

“Here, it’s from mom.” I say while handing him the heavy letter. I watch as he ripped it open, and tears forming in his brown eyes while he read my mother’s heart spilled on a piece of paper.

Dear Nate,

If you are reading this it mean I have passed away. I’m sorry that I never told you I was dying. Soon after Melody was born I was diagnosed with a form of cancer. I was then given four more years to live. So the last time I saw you I promised myself that even if you remembered by then I would leave. I didn’t want you to go through the pain of my death, so I let you believe that I had forgotten our love. Which was a lie; I never have stopped loving you. But I loved you so much that I couldn’t let you suffer such heartbreak. When I die, Melody will be sent away to live with my sister until she is thirteen. Then I will send her out to deliever my letter, and find you. After that the choice is yours, if you wish to keep her. Her father left us before she was even born, but I have said you were always he dad. Please forgive me. I hope that your life will be a good one without me. I’ll always love you.
Your lost love,
Lora
P.S Remember me always

He finally looked up after many minutes of silence.

“When?” He breathed.
“The doctors were off by about a year and a half. She died two months after we came to visit you,”

“You have her eyes,” Nate whispered before embracing Melody, the daughter of his long lost love.

arixx96 said...
Wow, the end was so powerful! Lovey story. It really touched my heart. Keep writing!

lexi1313 said...
I love this! YOU ROCK! Keep writing Please!!!!

ImagineBelieveHope said...

this is so sad, but romantic!!

i really hate it when people die in love stories....i guess i'm just a sucker for happy endings! but great story!

heiwagirl replied...
I was truly touched by your story. really really beautiful one of my favorites great job :)

alone said...
Mar. 21, 2011 at 6:46 am
OhMyGosh this was suh a beautiful story, but at least he can hold onto Melodyy even if youu couldnt hold onto your lost love(:Youu should carry on writting your work is amazingg(:

truelove4ever222 said...
Mar. 8, 2011 at 11:31 am
This story is so beautiful. Really, you did an excellent job.

myriamjonaslover said...
Feb. 14, 2011 at 7:35 am
ooooh gosh <3

msoccerm345 said...
oh my goodness i am such a baby! i bawled! this is sooo sad! but its absolutly beautiful...

iheartBobo5 said...
oh my god i almost started crying. this is so sad, but it is a very cute story. please write another!!!!!!!!!!

PoetLaureate07 replied...
one has to agree totally!!! this was a wonderful read!!

Supriya said...
Jan. 1, 2011 at 3:05 am
I almost cried after reading this :( This story is written very appropriately... According to me, you should exapand and turn it into a novel.. It'd be really very interesting!

Cailon. said...
this is such a good story, i loved it so much. :)

mimirocks124 said...
really gud and moving ! i love it

ris829 said...
Wow! I love this, this is amazing!!! I got chills while reading this and teared up a lot

.haley. said...
i teared up while reading this.! you are a really good writer.! and this is such an amazing, beautiful story.!(:

trblue said...
Oct. 11, 2010 at 8:47 am
over the summer i pulled some teenink stuff off the internet, and this pice of work was decided. i loved how it was everlasting love.

PinkeyPromise13 said...
This is suck a sad story. I could almost feel the pain, and by the way, nice username haha

sparkofheart said...
*OMG* i feel like sobbing! that was so amazing i loved it. great work :') check out my work too please!

Amanda24 said...
very touching I really loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!

AwesomeMe said...
That story was one of the best I've read... worthy of publishing! I felt like I was in the characters shoes, like I was the mother who was so disappointed when her true love had forgotten her. Your writing piece is amazing I hope you will continue writing such wondeful pieces of writing. ^.^