Life Running Beautifully | Teen Ink

Life Running Beautifully

By beautifulpeople SILVER, Houston, Texas
beautifulpeople SILVER, Houston, Texas

"Do what you want to do but be ready for the consequences."

I watch him slip away. His beautiful chocolate eyes closing. Listening carefully, I hear his last ragged breath enter his worn out lungs. His hand goes limp in mine. I kiss him softly on his lips and let my tears escape me. I turn away from his bed and walk out into the hospital hallway. Nurses quietly slip around me and get him ready to go to the funeral home. My family comes rushing over to me. Whispering words of encouragement and hope into my ears.
We walk out to the car, my grandchildren holding my hand the whole way. The one he last held is now in their tiny palms. In the car I look out the window. I think back to the days we laughed and played together. I smile to myself, a flashback entering my mind. “C’mon, I bet I can beat you to the creek!” We took off after the small river in the park. “Last one there is a rotten egg!” I yelled at him over my shoulder. My shirt, pants, and sandals fly off of me, revealing my bathing suit. We get there at the same time, giggling and splashing water at each other.
The trees flash past and I ready myself for the rest of my life, no matter how long it is.

Nessa13 GOLD said...
on Jan. 17 2012 at 8:55 am
Nessa13 GOLD, Charlestown, Indiana

"Love, but never fall in love, because things that fall get broken"
-Taylor Swift

...............wow...................thats all I can say...

poeticspirit12334 PLATINUM, Groesbeck, Texas

Wearing a Christian T-shirt, and a cross necklace does NOT make you a Christian. , "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord "They are plans to give you a hope and a future.'' Jeremiah 29:11

great job dont know why i was so empressed cuz i knew it was gonna b great lik ur other stuff! great!

emmajumbilia SILVER, Bellingham, Washington

"As soon as you stop wanting something, you get it" - Andy Warhol

This is lovely - I'll admit it brought tears to my eyes. Keep up the excellent work!

BeautifulSimplicity BRONZE, St. Louis, Missouri

We keep it light, until it's time to go dark. Then we go pitch black.

:'(

thids is amazing, beautiful, romantic, lovly, if this dosen't get put in the mag, nothing should

:'(

on Sep. 30 2009 at 10:20 am
Aww I'm sad now!