When Things Were Perfect #1

I stared deep into his eyes. This really was the most perfect guy I could ever ask for. He was handsome, gentleman like, cared about his family, friends, and academics, and, most importantly, he cared about me. I stared deep into his eyes, his beautiful, dark green eyes, and smiled. I was frozen by his beauty, but my smile disappeared and my mind began to race as he got down on one knee. What is he doing?

“Aimee?” he asked me still smiling despite my confused expression as he fished around for something in his coat pocket.

“Uh huh,” was the only sound I could make come out of my mouth.

“Will you be my girlfriend?” he asked pulling a jewelry box out of the pocket. He opened it to reveal a cherry ring pop. He had remembered that cherry was my favorite flavor. I had probably only mentioned that once or twice though. “Aimee?” he asked bringing me back to the moment, the perfect, beautiful moment.

“What, oh, of course!” I squealed as he stood up and drew me in to one of those magical kisses; the ones I couldn’t get enough of. We stayed like that until I couldn’t take anymore, and I was out of breath.

“Do you want to walk?” he asked me taking my hand.

“Uh huh,” I replied, again, unable to really communicate with him. I heard him chuckle a little under his breath. He knew what great effect he had on me, but I wasn’t resentful of that, it was how he knew when to pull away so I wouldn’t pass out. It was a good thing. He pulled on my hand, and we began walking the mile around the edge of our small town’s lake. It was always such a beautiful walk, especially this time of year. Each house’s different Christmas lights lit up the lake, with the occasional Jewish families’ blue ones.

Ayushi_austen said...
Nov. 14, 2011 at 7:39 am
hehehehe!! short & sweet!

dreamer11 said...
LOVE the ring pop! This is so cute!

Fredwardness said...
Oct. 4, 2009 at 9:04 am
that was so cute i have to agree the ring pop was a nice touch. very cute

Anjo! said...
Sept. 4, 2009 at 1:42 am
Aww! the ring pop is SO cute. But how you ended it (even i know you said it was number 1) yeah, i didnt like it that much. But good. cute, great start