Boy Walking Down the Street | Teen Ink

Boy Walking Down the Street

By samantha_elizabeth BRONZE, Mitchell, Indiana
samantha_elizabeth BRONZE, Mitchell, Indiana

Somewhere a boy is walking down the street, thinking of a girl just like me. He doesn’t know it is coming. He has no idea what is about to hit him. He has no idea that we are ever going to meet. But we will. Yes, he is going to find me and love me like crazy. He will love me so much I will probably ask you to pinch me because I’ll think I’m dreaming. I won’t be. It will be real…all of it.

This boy will be so wonderful I’ll have to go see my doctor because I will need an inhaler just to be around him. He will take my breath away but, he will be there to catch me when my heart faints from pure joy. He will make me laugh, he will make me smile, and he will be there when I cry to wipe the tears from my cheek. He will hate to see me cry and will do everything in his power to make sure I am the happiest girl in the world.

Boy walking down the street will be handsome too, which is obvious because all prince-charmings are irresistibly attractive. He will be everything I like. He will be tall, dark, and handsome with eyes that hurt to look at because they are so gorgeous. He will have a perfect smile that makes my heart skip a beat. He will think I am beautiful too. He will tell me this all the time. He will tell me how perfect I am. He will tell me all the things that he loves about me. He will tell me that he is the luckiest man alive because he is with me. He will have eyes only for me and he will make that very clear to anyone who doubts him.

Boy walking down the street will be a perfect gentleman. He will pay for our dates, open doors, and send me flowers for no reason. He will call me in the middle of the day just to tell me he is thinking of me and that he loves me. He will treat me with the utmost respect. I will be his darling and he will be my dearest.

But the most splendid thing about boy walking down the street is that he will appreciate me. He will love me for me. He won’t agree with everything I do but he will realize how much I love him and he will love me back. He will be loyal to me. Boy walking down the street will never cheat on me. Boy walking down the street will also be honest. He will tell me everything. There will be no secrets because there will be so much trust between us.

I do not know where boy walking down the street is. I suppose he is walking down a street somewhere. We don’t know each other but I know he is out there. And he secretly knows I am waiting for him. One day we will find each other, and when we do, it will be pure magic. Love is a mysterious thing. You don’t necessarily earn the right to be loved but you certainly have to grow and experience heartache before bliss is found. Someone once told me that it takes five I love you’s and heartbreaks before you find Mr. Right (or boy walking down the street).

So boy walking down the street, I am waiting for you. And I am truly excited to meet you someday.

on May. 19 2009 at 3:20 pm
oliveman aka cheer chick, how can you not believe in the message? The whole point of the story was to convey everyone's outlook on love. You know that you want the perfect guy, and someday you will find him. He most likely won't be perfect to me but he will be to you. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and everyone has their idea of the perfect person FOR THEM. I was simply stating what I would like to have in a guy. I wasn't even saying anything close to "everyone's perfect".

hannah :) said...
on May. 18 2009 at 7:04 pm
I love this story sam. Its amazing! I dont really understand how this person can relate this to hannah montana ;p haha

on May. 18 2009 at 1:00 am
samantha_elizabeth, although i think your story is well written. i do not believe in the message. in the words of hannah montana "nobody's perfect". everyone has flaws. you will fall in love again but you wont love everything about them. in my opinion, dont have such high hopes cause its like a one in a million chance you are going to find this "boy walking down the street". but let me know if you ever do.

:)

Taylor said...
on May. 16 2009 at 8:48 pm
i seriously think this story is amazing. totally cried the first time i read it. i <3 you sam. wait for that wonderful boy. =)

on May. 15 2009 at 1:31 am
I love you:) You've been through so much, and you're amazing to have gotten through it like you have. I know that writing like this has helped and you are passionate about it. Your work is beautiful, just like you =D