Isloveworhtit? | Teen Ink

Isloveworhtit?

By gabrielle165431 BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana
gabrielle165431 BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana

A long time ago there was a prince in need of saving. Yes, a prince. He was not incompetent or stupid, in fact, he was intelligent, brawny, and handsome. All of these strengths could not prevent him getting ambushed by his enemy. He simply could not escape the hundreds of soldiers. His fiancé, a knight from an ally kingdom, heard of his capture and wasted no time to attempt to save him. Her fellow knights begged to accompany her on this risky mission. "No, I appreciate and value each of you, but this is something I have to do myself," she responded to them. That night she took her trusty horse and rode into the night in hopes of saving her love. To bypass the guards and reach his cell she had to kill innocent soldiers but did not think twice about it. As she approached his cell, she could hear shallow breathing like he was underwater. The dark musky prison sent shivers up her spine; she would never forget this sound. Hastily, she shimmed the lock undone and hoisted him onto her shoulder. Saying nothing they ran past the bodies of the guards, through the halls of the prison, and emerged outside to find her horse waiting patiently. Back at his kingdom, he received medical treatment to his wounds inflicted upon him by the guards that found beating him close to death entertaining, while the princess stood on trial. The king believed she had planned this: wound his son so he could not reign and seem weak to his subjects. Despite all of her evidence, he sentenced her to death. The next morning she was hanged in front of the kingdom were the subjects shouted "Hang woman to the depths of hell." Two months later, the prince awakens from a coma and hears the news. In his room that night, he jumps from the highest window he could find. The delusional king deems his suicide a result of being saved by a woman. Thus beginning the Three Hundred Year War of the mad kings.