The Dog | Teen Ink

The Dog

March 1, 2018
By BowlingQueen BRONZE, Council Bluffs, Iowa
BowlingQueen BRONZE, Council Bluffs, Iowa
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It is winter and its Alaska and I want to get to Paris but I don’t know how. Paris has always been my dream because it is the city of love. But I first need to find a family so I am going to head to town. So I have to walk 8 miles in the cold and snow to find a family to take me to Paris. So I walk the 8 miles and get to town, it is so busy I know i will find a family. So I walk to town and I find this family so cute and I heard them talk about going to Paris, so I go up to them and try to get them to take me home. It took me a couple minutes but I got them to take me home. The next day we go and get me some clothes, food, beds and anything I want for my new home but I don’t really have them get me a lot of things because as soon as I get to Paris I know they are going to dump me.


But I just want to go to Paris because that’s the city of love and I want to try and find true love. So after being with the family for a week we started packing for the trip to Paris. I could not believe that soon I would be without a family again. So we go and start heading to the airplane, I get examined to make sure I can get on and I pass. I am sad that I don’t get to sit with my family but I do get to be with other animals. There was one dog that was in there and she was super cute but wasn’t interested. It took over 15 hours by plane to get there. We had to stop in California, Nebraska and New York. We kept having to get on and off the plane so I didn’t really get to sleep a lot but I did get to make lots of new friends.


We get to Paris and the first thing I notice is the smell, it smells like a fresh baked bread. This is such an amazing place I never want to leave. We are walking around and the next thing I see can never escape my mind. It was a female dog she looked so pretty, she was just beautiful. I thought I had found true love, but I don’t know if she feels the same way.


In my past I loved someone for so long, we were together for 3 years, I wanted to marry her but she only used me. She always said she loved me but she never did. I was about to ask her to marry me but before I could she broke up with me and she broke my heart. After this experience I couldn’t love ever again until I meet the man, I named him Bob. Bob was such a sweet man, he treated me very well. I loved him so much, but then he died too. That experience hurt me even worse.


She turned and saw me and part of me wanted to run away, but I stood still and we just stared at each other for awhile. She started to walk to me, so I starting walking to her too. Her eyes looked liked she loved me but I wasn’t sure but I just kept walking towards her. Then we were 1 inch away from each other and we kept staring at each other. Then we started talking for the little time that we had. I learned that she is a show dog, she has gotten second place and the last time she was in a competition she was 1 point away from being first place. But she seems so interesting I want to get to keep talking to her But she has to go get ready because she has a dog show coming up in the next week.


Both of our owners start pulling us away but we don’t want to leave each other. I thinked she loves me but I know I love her. She is so interesting I don’t know what to do. But then something horrible happened, our owners knew each other but they didn’t like each other. That tore my heart and her heart we kept trying to be with each other but our owners just kept tearing up our hearts.


Later on she did her dog show, she got first place. I was so proud her she was amazing. 1 week later she got what she loved from her owners and ran away. I ran away from my owners to and we ran to each other. We left and found another family that loved us both. We were in love and it was true love. We never left Paris and we live together with a new family and I couldn’t be happier with her.  A couple of years she got pregnant and now after being together for over 10 years we have had 17 puppies.


The author's comments:

This piece is about wanting to travel to my favorite place in the world which is Paris. I love this story so much and it is what I would do.