Fall-ing for Louisiana | Teen Ink

Fall-ing for Louisiana

By madison.moya BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana
madison.moya BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana

Once upon a time, there was a girl named Jenny who had just moved from Chicago, Illinois to New Orleans, Louisiana. Jenny had just moved right around her favorite time of year- fall. In Illinois, the weather was perfect around this time, and she was excited to experience fall in Louisiana. She was very avid and eager for the first day of fall- September 22, 2017. That morning, Jenny ran out of her house with so much celerity that her parents did not even see her walk out the house. In her sweater and boots, she cavorted around her front yard, grinning ear-to-ear. She stopped suddenly, feeling very hot. She then took out her phone and saw that it was 89 degrees outside. Jenny was absolutely distraught because she had been looking forward to fall, and she even bought clothes that were germane for the new season. Although Jenny was upset, she tried to make the best out of the situation. Finding a small pile of leaves, she made “leaf angels” to emulate what her friends and she did back home. At that point, she knew that New Orleans did not experience much fall weather. Although Jenny would not get to experience the wonders of fall, she soon realized that in just five months, she would get to experience something even better- Mardi Gras.