I Am Me

By , Deltona, FL

He cries in the corner where no one can see him. 'Cause if anyone saw him they would ask him why he's crying and he just can't answer that.

"Why are you crying you have a perfect life?" Your parents love you and you get anything you want." I ask him as I sit across from him in another corner.

"They don't love me. They love the fake me. I'm always pretending around them. My life feels like a show." He says looking up at me.

"What does it matter if you lie a little bit? Everyone lies."

"I don't want to lie to them anymore. I want to tell them. I want them to love me for the real me!"

"What are you thinking? Are you stupid?" I laugh at him. "You want to lose your parents love. Do you really think you can live with being rejected."

"I rather them hate the real me than love the fake one."

I stand up in my corner and yell at him. "It's not that easy!" I tell him beginning to cry myself. "I wish it is." I sink down into my corner and cry into my hands. "It's not that easy." I repeat. "I don't want to be alone. I don't want to be hated. I want to be loved."

"But do you love yourself for who you are right now?"

"No," I shake my head and look up at him. "I hate who I am right now."

I look up at him and he looks at me. He is me and I am him. Except I am called a girl and he is the guy inside me.

I am a he. I am him. I am me.