Paisley Williamson's Story | Teen Ink

Paisley Williamson's Story

April 28, 2017
By emma_hickss BRONZE, Ball, Louisiana
emma_hickss BRONZE, Ball, Louisiana
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Paisley Williamson is twenty-eight years old and was paralyzed as a child. She got into a car wreck while her mom was driving, and was slammed into the back of the passenger seat. Her mom passed away that day from the impact of the steering wheel. The airbags did not go off and Paisley was not buckled, it was surprising for Paisley to even be alive.

 

He also loved paisley for not her looks but her personality. Mark was devastated to hear Paisley's story, and wanted to help her with all her bills.


Mark liked Paisley and they had started dating.Mark was being recruited for the army soon, but did not have the strength to tell paisley yet. Every moment they will share is crucial. While, getting ready to go he had called paisley and told her they need to talk. Finally he got the courage to tell her and she was devastated. This was a huge roadblock in their happiness, because mark was required to go in a week. He is now required to go in two days and is spending time very wisely.


Today is the day he will go,and is the last day they will share for half of a year.  Now there were only a few hours until he must be at the airport. The time was going away fast, Mark needs to be at the airport, and Paisley is left all alone.


About four months later, Paisley still left alone barely getting by, and wasn't feeling well. Her heart was beating very fast, and she had a massive headache.. Paisley did not have the money to get to the doctor, so she took some pain medicine. Paisley heart was still beating too fast, and mark wouldn’t be back in time. She was on the verge of death, and decided to go to the doctor.


Mark finally got home and went straight to the hospital. Mark walked in to see defibrillator paddles to her unresponsive heart. Mark’s heartbeat was now rising, getting more and more worried. Paisley starting to regain her breath, was coming to very slowly. She was feeling a little better, but it was a pretty long recovery process.
 

Around ten years had passed and now she was finally happy. They wanted to get married and have a family, so they scheduled the wedding.  Everything was going well in those two years, and the doctor said they would have a long life of happiness. Soon after that they adopted a child and have been happy since.
 


The author's comments:

This piece was written in 7 grade, and it meant a lot to me.