Don't Try It | Teen Ink

Don't Try It

December 9, 2016
By RocioPaola BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado
RocioPaola BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It was a hot summer day in El Paso Tx, where everyone was enjoying the sunny day. There was a group of teens that were hanging out at a park, kids running around laughing, parents talking to each other.  The park was a international park where they had cameras , securities and protection. The children were having so much fun they didn't realized that time was going by fast and the sun was going down. Parents started getting the children and leaving, mean while the older teens tood there and waited for the park to be empty and have it to themselves. The teens were the last ones to leave but they decided to stay, and hang out for a while. The teens names were Roxy , Josh, and Jackie they all 3 were best friends. These teens were the kinds that didn't get along with other people right away or spoke to people they didn't know. The teens were having a harsh day so they all decide to be out together and ignore their families. A few hours past and it was 10 pm at night and theses teens had to be home but made up lies to their parents.

 

A few minutes later the teens wanted to play around by prank calling so they did but, they also wanted to have fun but not that kind of fun. These teens wanted to try something new like drugs. They didn't know who to get them from so they just kept looking, asking people through facebook if they knew anyone, but nobody knew anyone that had some. So they decide  to listen to music and lay down and look at the stars, taking some selfies. They all three had to be home by 9 and they didn't. Their parents were looking for them, calling them and they just kept ignoring there calls but they never knew the consequences. Josh decided to call his parents to let them know he wasn’t going to be home, and Roxy did too. Then there is Jackie she didn't even give her parents a call or anything and she didn't care because her parents were really strict and didn't let her do anything. They decide to get up and go play some hide- in-seek. Mean while they were getting up they had heard someone talking on the phone so they all hid together. There was a tall guy talking on the phone about selling drugs and for them to pick him up. They kept quiet till he hanged up his call.


  

Josh got out of where they were hiding and started heading towards the dude that was selling the drugs, but hey girls did not want to leave him alone so they followed along. They went up to him and started a conversation with him, and they introduced each other to him and his name was jared. Jared told him about himself and they decided to ask him for some drugs. Jared said if they need something to let him know  right away before he leaves. So they decide to tell him to sell them some and they did but they got heroin. They never knew what it was going to do to them, but they did it.Jared had hooked everything for them that they would need before he left, he said he had to leave because it was an emergency. So they teenagers left to the playground and sat in a circle and started to get ready for what they were about to do.They never knew cameras were on so they started from Josh to Roxy and to finally Jackie they had passed the heroin around. They all said they felt really bad but relaxed so they laid down. They looked like if they were dead but they weren't.  The cameras captured the teens and Jared so they police sirens went off. They didn't even realize were they sirens were coming from so they ignored it.


  

A few minutes later police and ambulance and cops had all arrived at the national park. They ambulance tired to get them to get up back on their feet. The police went quick to replay the videos caught on camera. They noticed that Jared was the person that they been trying to look for. They immediately sent police after him, but as soon as they got josh to get up first they made him talk it out. He said everything that happened and they got sent immediately to juvy. They called their parents one by one and they showed up a few minutes later. They had been told that they would have to be there for at least 1 month. So they were they were locked up and while they were there they said it was like hell and they never wanted to be there ever again. Next thing you know a few days after they got locked up they had found Jared and he was put into prison for selling drugs to minors. After the 3 teenagers did there month in jail they were finally released they had to go to therapy to get their minds off drugs so they don't do them again. The teens regretted everything they did that day. They all three said they had learned their lesson and are never going to repeat it again. The went to school and put hard in work in graduated early and started there career afterwards. They decided to all 3 go together and have fun in  their lives.


The author's comments:

I wrote this piece because now in days teenagers don't know the consequences they have. Many teens do things that they can regret.