The Haunted Shoes | Teen Ink

The Haunted Shoes

By HauntedShoes BRONZE, Cedar City, Utah
HauntedShoes BRONZE, Cedar City, Utah

If you aint first, youre last

There once was a 14 year old boy named David. He was homeless and he had no family. If someone offered him either a small house or a nice pair of shoes, he would say shoes without even batting an eyelash. He knew exactly what kind of shoes he wanted. The Nike Force - White on Black. One day he felt happier than most days. He walked out of his cardboard box and out of the corner of his eye, he saw exactly the Nike Force pair he had wanted all his like just hanging by the shoelaces on a telephone pole. "Those will be mine!" He said out loud, some people staring at him out of pity thinking he had gone mad. Had nobody else seen the beautiful shoes? And who would possibly have put such a nice pair just hanging there. He tried not to think about it too much. He had to start working on a plan to get those shoes. Every plan would fail.Until he thought up the best plan. The "plan of all plans" he would call it. He would wait until sunlight to carry out the idea. So, he laid down to get as much rest as he could in his cardboard box. David had completed the plan, but he wished he hadn't after.

Here was the idea. He would borrow a ladder from behind a Sizzler. The janitor would always just leave aladder behind the building. He would climb up and reach as high as he could. If he couldn't reach, he would get a stick from somewhere. It was pretty fool-proof. It was the smartest idea he has ever had. He achieved the goal and got the shoes. They were very nice. Once he put them on he felt a tingle. It was strange, but he disregarded it completely.

When he got out of his cardboard box the next day, he felt his legs weren't even part of him. He was walking around, but hewasn't taking the steps. His legs didn't belong to him. David couldn't control his legs back. The legs took himself to the busiest street. David tried to crawl to a doctor, he still had his arms, so he could crawl, but it was no use. The legs were no use. Even if he had made it to a doctor he had no money to pay the bill for it. His legs felt terrible. They started shaking, the parasite started infecting up to his stomach. He felt as though he was going to barf, but whatever was controlling him was preventing him from throwing up.It was rising up to his arms and shoulders. He felt like he was drowning, but instead of being submerged in water, He has been dipped into a stiffness.

Once the stiffness went all the way up to his head, it was over. He was in a first person perspective of what was going on, but it wasn't his body anymore. For some odd reason, he started dancing. He couldn't control himself. He was stuck dancing. People would throw change to him but he could never reach down to get it. He was only stiff. He danced and danced and danced. His legs were killing him! He wanted to stop but he couldn't move! He died of hunger a couple days later. But his body was still moving. Police couldn't get him to move or leave. A policeman shot him for no reason because this is 2016, but he kept on dancing!

Nobody knew what to do. He eventually rotted out and over a very long time, he dissolved away. Once he dissolved, the shoes hung itself up onto the same telephone wire, very strategically, so it would be just in the sight of the next homeless kid who wanted shoes. Any shoes the homeless kid wanted, the shoes morphed into that exact pair.And so the cycle continues to this day. So if you ever see a boy with nice shoes but he looks almost...dead. Just try to destroy the shoes. It is worth a try to save kids.

Im so cool and so nice and so funny and I worked so hard.