Gasping For Breath | Teen Ink

Gasping For Breath

November 9, 2016
By AjayK BRONZE, Cupertino, California
AjayK BRONZE, Cupertino, California
1 article 0 photos 2 comments

“Ajay come over here now,” my mom yelled as I was waiting outside my taekwondo class. I panicked and ran into the car. She looked terrified and she was crying. I did not know what was happening, I was in shock. I tried to ask her, but she just wouldn’t answer. When we reached home I saw my brother in a lot of pain, as he couldn’t breathe properly. I could hear him wheezing so badly that I knew something was terribly wrong. Soon the ambulance was at my house and that was when I realised he was having an allergy attack.
Tears trickled down my face. My brother has had minor attacks before but I have never ever seen him have an attack this bad. My brother is allergic to nuts, eggs, gelatin, all meats except chicken and fish, and all seeds. When he would have an attack he would start having wheezing problems and his whole face would turn red. But today, it was different, he was not just wheezing a little, it was bad, real bad. He was struggling really hard to breathe. He was in pain so much pain. It was scary to me. I just saw someone in real pain for the first time and that too a person I love so much. Suddenly, my mom rushed into the car as she followed the ambulance to the hospital. Then my dad and me rushed right into the car as we followed my mom towards the hospital. I couldn’t wait, I just jumped out of the car and ran into the hospital. I found my mom and we went straight into my brothers’ room. He was not doing good at all. There were different pipes all over his body, His eyes were fully red, he could barely see me. I was crying, hoping he would be all right. His whole face was red and suddenly, his eyes closed and he was sleeping. The doctor told us to go home and rest, but how could I rest I was scared and very upset. I told my dad that I wanted to stay, but he said no. So I kissed my brother goodbye as I said “ I love you,”to him.
I returned home in sadness as it was 10 o'clock in the night. I couldn’t sleep except for just one hour when I had a terrible dream. `I saw my brother crying as hard as he can and he was suffering. I was helpless. So I went fast to the hospital, but the people from the hospital wouldn’t let me in. I yelled as hard as I can and got up from my dream.
Suddenly I saw my dad come and he gave me a big hug. I was crying now a lot. I was scared. “Is he okay Dad, ” I asked. “He is doing a little better son.”Dad answered. I wanted him to be all right. I just couldn’t stop thinking about it as I stayed awake the whole night.
I went to school that day feeling agitated and a big frown on my face which is usually not how I am. I am always in a good mood with a huge grin on my face having fun all the time. But today, I tried to have fun, but I just couldn’t. I wanted to go home and see my brother perfectly fine. I wanted to feel like it didn’t happen. The day passed by very slowly and finally I headed home. I open the door and walked slowly in the house. I glanced into my brothers’ room looking at all the things that represented him, but instead of just seeing the objects, I saw him, my brother. I was so excited. He was smiling and looked much much better. I ran and gave him a big hug.”I missed you “I said. “Me too.”He answered back with a big smile on his face.


The author's comments:

This story means a lot too me because my brother also went through a very simmilar incident. I love my brother and I wanted to share my feelings about him in this story.