A Doomed Life of a Middle School Kid | Teen Ink

A Doomed Life of a Middle School Kid

By 22138 BRONZE, Cupertino, California
22138 BRONZE, Cupertino, California
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

I was standing near the end of the field horror-stricken about those boys saying such a thing.

“Get out of our table punk, you don’t even know what ‘one plus one’ is “ those boys shouted at me.

I don’t understand  why they said that. Am I a bad person? Have I done something bad that did upset anyone? These thoughts ran through my head as I was on the corner. I never really liked the kids here, you know they just-. Someone ran into me and said,

“ Hey kid, just stay there and be the worst person here, it’s really a burden to have you in our school.”

I just ignored him. The bell rang-ding, ding, ding, lunch was like a prison yard for me.   

Almost the end of the day, the refuge of my home was the place I were to seek. The last class of the day I had was Math.

“Good Afternoon class. today we are learning about how to simplify algebraic expressions. First you have to gather like terms…” said our math teacher, Mr. Cleves.

I couldn’t even stop thinking about the way that if I was called on the people would treat me. I was never called on in Math class before, but I always try to make an effort not to be noticed.

“ George, how about you,” said Mr. Cleves.
“ Can you repeat the question again, sir,” I said in shock.
“Yes what is the value of x if the equation is 3x-7=20,” said Mr. Cleves
“ The answer is--,” I stammered then to hear the all of my classmates laughing.
“Psst, I think George’s answer is 100,000,000, he’ll be so off,” one of the classmates whispered.

“ The answer is 6,” as I stammered and said the wrong answer.
“HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA!” all the kids in the room laughed loudly.
“You should start doing your multiplication tables,” said Mr. Cleves.
“ Like a first grader!” all the other kids said.

Just then the bell rang and the school was dismissed. I had to walk through the halls of shame with everyone staring and laughing at me. As I walked home, I got a nasty surprise. My grades had come in and I had gotten C’s and D’s. As I walked in, mom told me to sit down.

“ We need to talk,” she said.
“Ok,” I said.
“ We have to work to get better grades,” she said,” I can help you with that you just have to come to me and I will explain it for you.”

“Ok,” I said trying to hurry up the conversation quickly.

“ Every day, starting from today, you must show me your homework,” she said.

After I had eaten my snack and showed and corrected my homework from mom, I explained to her about the boys and the how I was getting picked on in class.

“Tomorrow,” she said,” you will go and see the principal. Put up your courage and talk to him, the results would be enormous.”

The next day I went to the principal’s office to talk about the traumatized experience I had in the lunchroom.
“ Ok, let me get this straight, you were sitting at a table and the boys bullied you,” the principal said.
“ Yes,” I said.

“ Well, according to the rules of this school, you are not allowed to bully anyone, whatever form it is,” said the principal, “ This will result in disciplinary action.” “ What were the names of those boys again?”

“ John, Bob and Adam,” I said in a stammering voice.
I knew that my action would upset the boys but it was important to do the right thing.
The loudspeaker blasted and said in its voice, “John, Bob, and Adam, please report to the principal’s office.”
I thought that those boys would have killed me for this action but talking to the trusted adult.

“ Come in boys, please be seated,” the principal said in a very loud voice, “ This is the 6th time you have bullied someone. According to the school rules, if you have bullied someone 6 times you are suspended.”

That word especially caught to my attention.
“I will have to call your moms to say that you are suspended and you will be coming back on April 7.”
Soon seeing a bully free school was good and keeping good courage was very important.
Well I don’t know what happened to those boys but I guess something pretty bad.

Since I didn’t have any bullying in the school, I worked diligently on homework and studied for tests. After all of this, I hear from Mr.Cleves,” In the last few tests, you have gotten very good grades (A’s) so the grade for the third trimester will be-”

I stood in suspense looking at his black hair and brown belt.
“ An A-!”

I stood with my mouth open wide so that you could see the molars and my eyes as wide as potatoes.
“ Yes George, congratulations!” Mr. Cleves said with a thrill in his voice.
“Hello, George, have a snack and come down, I have a surprise,” said mom.
“You have gotten A’s and B’s so we will be going to Alaska as vacation,” as mom said in  s excitement.
I couldn’t believe my ears. It was summer vacation and that was the best day of my life.

I was inspired by the time when I went to a new school when I was bullied alot and how I reacted to it.

HyperBunny said...
on Nov. 17 2016 at 12:07 am
HyperBunny, Cupertino, California
Great Story! Very realistic.

22138 BRONZE said...
on Nov. 14 2016 at 11:51 pm
22138 BRONZE, Cupertino, California
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
This story truly shows the life of a bullied middle school kid LOVE IT!!!!!!