The Adopted Boy | Teen Ink

The Adopted Boy

By Averihoffman BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado
Averihoffman BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado

In the very olden time there lived a semi-barbaric king, whose ideas, though somewhat polished and sharpened by the progressiveness of distant Latin neighbors, were still large, florid, and untrammeled, as became the half of him which was barbaric. The king's name was Dawson which meant David's son, it is an english baby name. Dawson was a somewhat evil man as described in the beginning, Dawson has a wife, a wife with the name Adina, Adina is a hebrew baby name meaning slender. The two man and wife had an unusual relationship one not like others, they would enjoy the feeling of almost torturing people, even innocent people.

One day there came about a happy young man with the name samson, he was harmless to the people around him but very so called annoying as he came across anyone. So one day he came across the king and queen and being the mean savages they were they had enough with the annoying young boy, so they ended up tormenting him, they enslaved the boy for one week, he had a rough time cooking, cleaning, pretty much doing anything the King and Queen told him to do. The week had came to an end and samson was tired  but he had learned a lesson, the lesson was to stay to himself and keep distant but overall he was happy in the end and didn't care what Dawson and Adina thought of him he was glad he gave help to the King and Queen.

A few days had passed since the incident with samson and suddenly a strange thing had went down in the kingdom, a life saving eye opening incident where Dawson's life flashed before his eyes, therefore changing their view on life a little bit. So they felt the sudden urge to do good once in there life, giving them the opportunity to help a local orphanage a little up town. Little did they know Samson lived there, given the fact that they practically enslaved him for such a small reason the thought why not make it up to him. They invited the boy over to there castle for one week and instead of Samson doing all the chores they switched and gave him the time of his life. They practically pampered Samson they fed him all his favorite meals for every breakfast lunch and dinner for the whole week. The Queen and King let him do anything he wanted to do even took him out to an amusement park, the boy had the time of his life and wanted to thank them repeatedly. The week was coming to an end and Dawson and Adina were falling in love with Samson, he was so perfect and fun and always made them laugh a lot!

They were both thinking of doing something crazy with the boy I mean they loved him and it's only been a couple of weeks so the King and Queen decided to adopt Samson. They took him out to lunch and told him the amazing news on what they wanted to do, but of course they needed his consent first. So they sat him down both of them had the biggest smiles on their faces while looking at him. A few minutes later they finally got the courage to say their big news, so they went on and said Samson would you like to come live with us? Of Course as they were saying this huge statement they had puppy eyes and huge smiles, Samson just sat there for a minute thinking then a smile appeared on his face the words finally came out he said in an excited and enthusiastic voice, YES he said yes about 10 times before hugging Dawson and Adina. But everyone sitting at that table were paralyzed with happiness. About a month later they had finished with all the adoption papers and had done everything that needed to be done for an adoption. So Samson packed up his things from the orphanage and brang them to his new castle, Dawson and Adina had even gave him a house warming gift as he walked in he had never been so happy in his life. 

Inspired by "The Lady and The Tiger"