Broken Pieces

There's too much.

Or maybe there's not enough. There's too much damage that has been done to me. There's not enough left that you kept in one piece. Too many pieces to try to fit together. Too many memories that haunt me.

Thanks to you.

Now I have to try to put myself back together. I have to forget about what has happened, like it was all nothing. But it wasn't nothing. It's something. Something that broke me, like a jockey breaks a horse.

I'd rather remember.

Pick up the pieces and replay them again and again. I'd show myself how weak I was. How spineless I've become. Then maybe next time I'll do something. I'll learn from my mistake.

The mistake of letting you hurt me.

Does my pain make you happy? Does my suffering cause you joy? I hope it does. Then at least my pain can be useful to someone. My misery isn't completely pointless. My life had now affected someone's life positively.

But now I've learned.

So maybe you did help me. I learned how worthless I am, how insignificant I am to this world. If my only purpose is for my grief to please others I am really nothing. And you helped me learn that.

I am broken.

But I deserve it. So no one try to help me put back the pieces. I want them to me a message that I'll always remember.

I am nothing.

Raven-McdonaldThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 4, 2012 at 7:58 am:
I love this peice, although I think it would fit better in the Poetry section.

kairi.kaylynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 27, 2012 at 9:10 am:
I love how it's fiction but sounds so real and actually happens.

DarkenAngel94 said...
i feel this way too i am broken nothis useless but AWESOME writing

Blah_blah_blahThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I can completely relate to this!  It's like you knew exactly what I'd b een through...creepy hehehe  great write though

Kwigggggg said...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 8:53 pm:
The ending is so believable, I really like that you ended it that way, very unexpected. 

Phantomlover95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 1, 2011 at 5:03 pm:
I loved this article. It's so true, when your hurt it completely destroys you. It's hard to forget what they did to you. But letting go is the most benefical thing ever. Just let it all go. Good Job!!

IWriteToFeel said...
Nov. 6, 2010 at 11:33 am:
This is quite interesting. It seems like there is hope to recover and grow stronger out of all of the misey and neglect, but then everything goes down hill and you feel worthless. I like the twist, very good :D

AmandaPanda123 replied...
Dec. 22, 2010 at 1:31 pm :
I felt that twist too...That was great!

BeTwEenDrEaMiNGaNdCoMiNGTrUEThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 13, 2011 at 2:51 pm :
I really liked this, but one thing i want to say is i hope you don't really feel worthless, and that you're nothing... and if you do, just remember someone cares... and if you don't think anyone does... some random stranger feels for you bc i have gone thru some crazy stuff myself.

Dragonscribe said...
Um, that was really depressing, and I didn't really get it. I feel like you didn't mean for people to, though. Yeah, I didn't like it, but it was good writing.

kielymarie said...
This is incredible. You're an amazing writer. Keep it up!

Rachel Z. said...
Jul. 15, 2010 at 11:39 am:
your work is amazing, real, and worth so much! Keep writing you are amazing

ClockworkLightbulb said...
Feb. 25, 2010 at 3:39 pm:
I feel exactly like this. ;[ Blergh its horrible. This is amazing though. {:

brittannieee said...
This is really good. Good job(:

Ali.B said...
How did you come up with this! It is amazing! I would love your help some time!