The light I wish was their | Teen Ink

The light I wish was their

January 9, 2016
By Lucy_11 PLATINUM, Eagan, Minnesota
Lucy_11 PLATINUM, Eagan, Minnesota
20 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Everyone is a genius but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid


I am sitting in my bedroom reading my absolute favorite book. I am just getting to my favorite part of the whole book. Then the light goes out. I ask,” Who turned out the lights?”
There is no reply.  I set down my book and it is to dark to see where I am. I climb off of my bed and try to find the door to my bedroom. When I find it I grab the knob and swing the door open. It’s pitch black in the hallway too. I can not see anything. I sit on the floor right there in the hallway. I do not move because I have nowhere to go. No place where I can escape this darkness. My parents come home and find me in the hallway. They ask,”Why are you sitting here?”
I respond quickly,” It is dark and I could not see.”
They say confused,” It is not dark out. It is bright as day in here.”
I start to cry not little tears but a flood that is when I finally realize it. I am blind. I will not ever be able to see. No more colors or shapes that I can see. All I see is black and dark. It seems so alone. We get in the car to go to the doctor. I remember looking out the window at the trees passing by. When we get there I get some tests done to figure out why I am blind. When we get the result we hurry back to the office. He sits the three off us down and he says,”I am so sorry. You have a brain tumor.”