Save Me I'm Drowning | Teen Ink

Save Me I'm Drowning

By Afraid BRONZE, Hammond, Indiana
Afraid BRONZE, Hammond, Indiana

The thing about me is that I sit and observe the people around me. I look at them when they least expect it. I’m only able to sit back and watch them because they don’t notice me I’m invisible. I notice how people talk about how a person is good or bad but the thing is that they should just look in the mirror at themselves if they’re looking for bad. I watch the so called good people as they walk around with smiling faces but at the next so called good opportunity they’re stabbing their closest friends in the back. The so called good kids will step on anybody to get what they want, and not even care about what they are doing to the others. In some high schools the good kids are the popular kids the ones the adults think can do no wrong.

I’m sitting here surrounded by people who put up a front about how they’re so good how they won’t betray you when they get the opportunity. I’m surrounded by people who put up the front that they’re okay and nothing bothers them. I’m sitting here watching them while at the same time they don’t notice that I even exist. Beside the kids I’m stuck with I sit in a room with the teachers and faculty constantly yelling at us telling us they know how we could better how we’re not trying our best, we’re not giving it our all. They just know we can do better if we just believe in ourselves, but what if we really can’t what if we’re under too much stress what if we’re on the edge of a cliff about to fall over. And one more motivational speech will push us over the edge.

The thing is that I’m trying to keep my head above water but I’m slowly sinking. At this rate it won’t take much before I’m drowning and slowly after that I’ll be dieing. I’m trying to keep my head up I’m fighting with everything I have, but the longer this goes on the more I notice, not everyone's story gets a happy ending. I don’t want to be a statistic I really don’t I want to become that  girl. I want to be one of the ones that make it. But I’m sitting here fighting a losing battle. No matter what I do I’m stuck in this endless pit called life. Some people just have it easier than others, then some don’t and I’m one of the unlucky ones. I’m sitting in this classroom where nobody ever sees me I just fade into the background.
     The problem is that when we ask for help we just get more motivational speeches on how we can do it if we tried but not the real help we need. They say ‘we have programs after school you can go to. But what about that kid that nobody see’s, that kid with kids even if they really aren’t theirs they’re their little siblings they’re raising them though  because they don’t have parents. I’m one of those kids we’re also known as ‘the one’s who slip through the cracks’ , ‘the ones the legal system are aware of but just chooses not to see’ we don’t exist. 

Cupcake115 said...
on Jun. 13 2015 at 10:41 pm
Please continue writing I know I would read it! :)