One Lingering Shadow | Teen Ink

One Lingering Shadow

By Olivia27 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Olivia27 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

It is the only one who knows me. I am the only one who knows it. One lingering shadow with faint edges and a crooked cavity attaching to my feet. One who never seems to leave me alone. One attainable of knowing all my secrets. From a quick glance, I can see it, but People don’t seem to care about theirs.

Its’ stealth is secret. It is continually watching what I do. It sucks up the information I trail on my feet and becomes the only true thing that knows everything I am and aspire to be. This is how it becomes me.

Let one forget its’ reason for being, it’d not stalk anything, but be a black blob on the face of the earth. Absorb, absorb, absorb, it says when I listen. It learns.

When I am dead and not in the warm sun, when I am nothing but a body deep in the cold underground, then it will do the same. When there is nothing left to absorb on this body. One has learned everything. One who will be stuck and holds my secrets for eternity. One whose only reason is to be with me.