He With The Room And He With The Tools | Teen Ink

He With The Room And He With The Tools

He ith The Room And He With The Tools
He noticed how quickly she had woken up, didn't even take an hour. This caught him off guard, which was a little peculiar since he was never caught of guard. Now, lets get three things straight, everyone comes in contact with him, he is always there somewhere, and is hard to get rid off. When she opened her eyes she saw nothing clearly,everything was unidentified splotches of dim colors. It made her nervous, caused her breaths to come out short and quick. Yet she thought it was fascinating, the dim colors struck her as pretty. Soon enough her vision cleared, and she was able to see her surroundings. She was in a small room with navy blue walls. There was a single wooden chair, the color of truffle, in the center of the room under a red carpet with a strange pattern on it. The chair wasn’t too shabby looking, in fact, it was elegant with carvings of flowers and small birds on it. There were no windows, just a single candle in the far right corner of the room. It was set on the ground which was made of dried up dirt. The ceiling looked like it had once occupied a brilliant painting, full of vibrant colors, but now it was faded. She got up from the ground, for that’s where she had woken up, and was caught by surprise when her legs trembled. She fell straight on the ground. He smiled nastily, happy knowing she was weak, because it was easier to mess with the weak ones. He had yet to find out how wrong he was. She frowned slightly as she felt her heart begin to beat quickly. Again she attempted standing up, and her knees cried out in pain. She awkwardly limped to the chair, and practically threw herself on it. She expected to feel relieved, but instead she was met with a strong sense of being trapped. It didn't scare her, but made her feel desperate and hopeless, so much so that it caused pain in her chest. She cried out in pain, and startled herself with the sound of her voice. Him, on the other hand, felt adrenaline seep through his body. This is what he thrived off of, the reason he existed. It’s the navy blue walls, she thought, I need more light. He slowly creeped to the candle on the ground, and blew on it softly. Amazing how one small candle can provide so much light, for the whole room went pitch black. Panic raised up quickly inside her, she could see absolutely nothing. Hot tears flowed down her face. Her weak feelings empowered him, made him feel refreshed. But just as he was about to bring on his new form of wrath, a tiny streak of light flowed through the room. Confusion hit him like a brick and only doubled as he followed the light to its source, the very girl before him. She too took notice of the light, unaware it was coming from her. Her tears stopped and she wiped off the ones making their way down her cheeks. She looked at the wall in front of her curiously, and without her consent she was on her two feet walking towards the wall. Suddenly the light became brighter and bigger, and she gasped. “It’s so pretty.”, she said out loud to herself.
“Right? Sunlight feels real pleasant on your skin after you've been in the shade for a while.”, replied a soft voice. She turned around startled, and was met with the sight of a young boy sitting on the chair with his legs crossed. She stared at him coldly, but it melted away as she saw the color of his eyes. They were a sweet honey color. “You know sometimes I like the dark though, it may be scary at times, but it can also bring peace. Ya, I think the dark is necessary once in a while.”, he told her with a smile.
She planned on not answering to a single thing he said but her mouth was moving before her mind could process anything, “I don’t mind it, I mean darkness is everywhere when you turn off the light switch.” He looked at her and chuckled lightly, “Ya, exactly but.. everyone needs some light too, so I got a present for you. It’s super cool.” From behind him, he took out a small box full of tools. There was a medium sized saw, a ranch, screwdriver, hammer, tape measure, a pair of pliers, and a bunch of nuts, nails, and bolts. She walked towards him, keeping her eyes on the box, too curious to focus on anything else. She grabbed it from his arms and held it in her own, examining it, trying to see if she could identify anything special.
“Thank you, I like it, don’t really know why, but it’s cool.”, she said sincerely.
“It comes in handy when you want to fix things, or if you want to break things.”, he stated while looking around the room. He was watching them the whole time, while his anger built up in the pit of his stomach. He was weak now, felt like he might pass out at any time. That boy knew he was there, he sensed the careful awareness the boy had on. It was that boys fault, the boy had something very familiar about him, something about his vibe. “Anyways, let’s get out of this room.”, the boy told her.
“How? There are no windows or doors.”
“Well, then lets make some…”, the boy said while looking straight in her eyes with an expectant look. She looked down at her dirty shoes while thinking hard, but it didn't take long for her to realize.
“The tools! Oh my god, the tools!”, she scurried to the wall and knelt down on her knees.
“Wait, let me take care of something for you.”, the boy said while kneeling down next to her. He reached out both arms and set his hands on the wall while closing his eyes and breathing deeply. He had watched enough, that boy was really pissing him off. He wanted to scream, to grab the boy by his arms and swoosh him up towards the ceiling, but he was feeling very weak. Too weak, he realized slowly, I’m melting away. “Okay, now go ahead.”, the boy gestured toward the wall. She took out the saw and readied herself for some hard work but was shocked at how easily the saw slide through the wall, like it was made of cheese. She laughed out loud and felt herself begin to cry from the happiness. She was leaving the dark room and was going to see the light again. She turned happily to her side to thank the boy, but he was gone. She got up quickly, looking around the room for him, but he was not around. She didn't feel sad or uneasy about it, the feelings of warmth and relief she had gotten when the boy arrived, were still inside of her. She looked at the room, sort of accepting it, coming to terms with it, then climbed out through the hole in the wall, with her toolbox in arms.