Think Of A Place... | Teen Ink

Think Of A Place...

March 10, 2015
By PrancexxxAbandoned SILVER, Fullerton, California
PrancexxxAbandoned SILVER, Fullerton, California
7 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, its more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff" -The 10th Doctor


Think of a place. Where nature and space travel can be one. Where a rocket can be beside a waterfall and be just as beautiful. This place is called Capara. An island left alone by society, yet has been dwelled on by the future. Imagine arriving on the island. You first see cliffs, a hundred feet up. A waterfall trickles from the top, and a giant red rocket lies behind it. You decide to explore, wanting to see all of the beauty. A path, two feet wide, leads up the cliff, already strung with barriers to keep you from falling. These restraints are eroded, a red orange covering them. The erosion dripped to the side of the cliff, the color dripping down the sides in large streaks. You continue climbing, finding beautiful red oranges everywhere you turn. As you arrive at the top, a sandy beach awaits you. The sand, a creamy yellow, squishes through your toes. You continue walking, trees sprouting up at the bases of a valley ten feet tall. The valley continues, the rocks extending high above you with moss growing on every part. At the end of your path opens a circular sandy platform, protected by walls of rock. There is three options now. To your right is a hole in the rocks, a peephole to look over the mountainous cliffs. The window looks down at the beach from where you came. To your right, you have a cave. It looks dark, but with a single breeze it will illuminate. The glowing mushrooms spark at the wind, it letting them breathe again. As you walk the cave, it travels up and right. The cave ends with a small opening. You stick your head out and catch your breath. You are above the rocket now, and you can see further than before. The nozzle of the rocket is to your left, at least twenty feet down. Where you began your journey through the cave is to your right, now just barely visible. You look out at the water, it little ripples in the sheets of blue. If you had gone straight down at the point where you could, a pond, thirty feet wide, lies, hidden under a pair of red rocket boosters. The water is a light turquoise, and it trails off to the right to drip off the side of the cliff. The rocket has been eroded, water creating bumps in the metal. It sits twenty feet above the pool, and birds of all kinds have taken refuge in it. This is nature and humans at one, creating beauty that is hard to imagine. As you leave, you wish you could stay. Find a way into the rocket, see the other side of the island, something. Yet you have to leave. This was a one time journey, to never come back. So you wrote a journal, to try and describe the feeling. You are reading the journal. The story of Capara.


The author's comments:

I woke up from a good night sleep, and this had been my dream. I hope you all enjoy this! I thought it was very beautiful, and I hope you think so too.