The Remembrance | Teen Ink

The Remembrance

February 22, 2015
By Anyacook4 SILVER, Pineapple, Other
Anyacook4 SILVER, Pineapple, Other
5 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
“If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”― Martin Luther King Jr.


I just stood there, breathless. No one understood how I felt. The soulless horizon stared out in front of me covering the whole width of my vivid view. I remember the shrilled cry of my best friend as the catastrophic incident replayed over and over in my head, taunting me for what it seemed like the rest of my dreary life. My life was living proof that a inexcusable action could pay such a deadly price, one which my decisions were very basic, live with the disaster or take my life on a wet windy and stormy night, where my family would never notice I had left. As I looked back on that short period of time, a blink of an eye was what it had felt like to me, the remembrance happened like this.  One minute we were playfully joking around, pushing and shoving; you know how these things go and the next minute, bam, a push too hard from me knocked her into the road, and her relentless rolling never seemed to end, straight into the middle of the road.The truck had a millisecond to react and swerved parallel to Casey but, alas, it was too late. He had clung on to the black brutal steering wheel for dear life but his attempts were in vain. The firm malicious wheels knocked her out cold and what looked like gallons of blood poured from her head. I swear I heard the wheels chuckle and have a devilish smirk on it’s bold metallic steel plate. I panicked; her beautiful, silky golden hair had turned a cold and nasty blood colour. I called 999 but as soon as they arrived her soul had been taken out of this world. How will I ever be able to forgive myself, the guilt will always lurk in the back of my mind.