Bullies | Teen Ink

Bullies

December 8, 2014
By Anonymous

BULLIES
                                                    

 

    It was Saturday and Jay’s family has moved to Chicago from L.A.. Everything there was different for Jay with the people around him. Jay gets scared at night and usually hides somewhere where there’s light. On Monday early morning,  Jay woke up and got ready  . He was a bit happy because he wanted to have friends in L.A. In L.A.he was popular in school because he was kind, smart, tall, handsome, and cool. When he went downstairs his mom, Mrs.Park, was awake and making breakfast she had already set the table . Jay had siblings; two older brothers, one older sister, and one baby sister. Their names were Zero, Zelo( twins older brothers),Suzy ( older sister ), and Jessica ( the youngest). The only sibling awake was Jessica who was eating her oatmeal. Then, Mrs.Park led a bowl and poured some soup into the bowl. After, she handed it to him and said,” Why you’re up early .”
“ I wanna  go make some new friends here,” said Jay, waiting for the soup to cool down.
“Well, then hurry up and eat and I’ll send you,” Mrs.Park said heading back to the stove.
After, Jay ate breakfast he got on his shoes and his backpack and went outside to the car and waited there for his mom. As they got into the car Jay said to his mom,“ Watch I’ll make friends in no time.” “ Yes you will everyone has to have a friend,”said Mrs.Park.
As soon as they got to the school Jay walked out with his mom to the office. As they enter the office a lady tall, fair skin, and pretty stood behind the desk and said,“ Well, hello are you new or are you late for class .”
“ No, he’s a new student,”said Mrs.Park.
“ Well, tell me what’s your grade level and your name please,”said the lady,“ by the way my name is Ms.Nevaeh.”
“ I’m a 8th grader and my name Jay Park,”said Jay.
“Okay I got your classes,” Ms.Nevaeh said while handing him the paper.
“Thank you, um do I go now?”Jay asked
“You’re welcome, and yes you can go now; but, if you have trouble finding the classes then come back to the office and I’ll help you,”said Ms.Nevaeh.
“Okay bye,” said Mrs.Park then left the office.
Jay walked down the hall to his classroom. When he reached the classroom he opened the door and he looked around and saw a pack of students in there. Some were taking notes , some were playing around, some were just simply ignoring the teacher.
    Jay thought in his mind, “What a mess.”
A guy looked at Jay weird then said out loud, “Um.. Mrs.Nam we got a new student.”
Then, the teacher looked up from her desk and said, “ Well, welcome to the classroom,” said Mrs.Nam, “ I’m your English teacher and what is your name.”.
“Jay Park,” Jay said almost so quiet he couldn’t hear himself.
“Well Jay you can sit next to Vanessa, the girl in the purple in the middle row next to the window,” said Mrs.Nam.
“Okay,” Jay said while walking to the desk next to the pretty girl. As he sat down he grew nervous towards her. Finally, she turned to him and said, “Hi, I’m Vanessa but people  call me Vanny; anyway, you’re name is Jay?”
“Yeah, nice meeting you, do we always take notes like this,” Jay said while looking around the classroom.
“Yeah, but if you’re like those guys in the back then don’t be near me,” she said.
“Nah, I’m not like those guys,”said Jay.
“Okay, well I better start taking notes now,” Vanessa said to Jay in a whisper voice.
After, class Jay tried to talk to her more but then someone pulled his backpack.
“Hey what are you doing,”said Tyson.
He is the meanest guy in school and had a gang. Jay only knew because some other students were talking about him and his gang.
“Just talking to her. Why?”Jay asked.
“Why,oh wait you’re the new kid. haha no wonder,” said Tyson, “Listen, geek boy nobody is to speak or look at her or else. Understand?”
“How are you her boyfriend?”Jay asked.
“Yes,and you better know this is your warning,”said Tyson while walking away with his gang.
“Man that’s mean,”said Jay quietly as he walked to his next class. When he sat down everyone moved away from him.
    “Why are they moving away from me; however, what did I do,”he thought. Finally after class he went to talk to a group of guys and asked them. One of them told him to stay away from them because they didn’t want to get beat up by Tyson and his gang.Then,it went on for days, weeks,and finally it’s been a month . He still didn’t have friends and still was trying to talk to Vanessa outside of school,including keeping distances away from Tyson and his gang. Finally, one day Vanessa asked him a question and he answered her back, but Tyson saw him talking to her but didn’t know the conversation. So, after school, Tyson and his gang waited outside of the school for Jay. When Jay walked out the school building Tyson’s gang grabbed him and took him behind the big gym that no one usually checks. When Jay finally looked up he saw Tyson and his gang and got angry.
    “Why are you so mean to me?”Jay asked.
    “Why? this guy is funny; but , I’ll tell. Why, cause you talked to my girl that’s why,” Tyson answered him.
    “Dude this guy is weak,” said Jake he was in Tyson’s gang with his twin brother.
    “Hey, do I look that skinny to you?” said Jay.
    “Yeah, skinny bone; now, you got a problem with that, and, besides, do you think that you’re strong enough to beat me?” said Jace, Jake’s twin brother.
    “I didn’t say anything , okay. She asked me a question about History homework; in fact, that was all, so just let me go,” said Jay.
    “How about NO;anyway, we’re gonna have some fun cause I haven’t smack someone in a while now,” said Tyson. Then, he started hitting Jay and the rest of the gang joined in and at the same time they were saying mean and threatening things to him. Thirty minutes later, the gang left and Jay stood up and found Vanessa staring at him.
    “I’m so sorry; in fact, I didn’t know you would get hurt . I’m so sorry; however, Jay I don’t know what say I feel so guilty,” said  Vanessa as she helped him walk.
Jay looked at himself; in addition, he now had even more bruises on him and was bleeding.
    “I’m okay, just a few scratches, that’s all,”said Jay but his voice came out like a whisper, “This isn’t all I can do besides, I like you more than anything and it was good they didn’t hurt you.”
    “No, you’re not I know that…. that’s why I tried to ignore you when he was around but I forgot and asked you …..you got hurt because of me  and my clueless head ,” Vanessa said and started to sob, “Please just don’t ever talk to me anymore or you’ll get hurt again, even if you like me and even if I like you, you would only get hurt by them.”
    “I’m okay don’t worry and cry it wasn’t your fault I should have looked around before talking to you,”said Jay, “You should go home; anyway, your mom might be worried.”
    “Are you sure? I mean ,I can walk you home in case something else happen,”said Vanessa.
    “No, I’m fine,” he said and tried to figure out in his head why did he say that he liked her.
When, he arrived home his family was quite surprised the by way he looked.
Zero, his older brother, the other twin of Zelo ,asked, “Dude what happened to you.”
“You look like you’ve been in a fight,” said Zelo.
“Did you win,” said Suzy the oldest sister but two years  younger than the twins. She knew all the fights Jay has ever been in and he never lost.
“ no, I didn’t get the chance to; anyway, it was a whole gang and everyone at school is scared of them,” said Jay.
“Good, because if you fought back you would get into trouble again like in L.A. but Jessica, grab me the first aid kit,” Mrs.Park said.
“Are sure you don’t feel droze or feel like you’re gonna faint,” said Mr.Park.
“Well, my parents are doctors; likewise, that’s probably why. asked me,” Jay said in his mind then said “ I’m okay dad.”
The next day ,when Jay went to school, there  some students were starting to gather around him and said you must be lucky. He got very confused about the situation from yesterday . Finally, when he went to his first period he saw Vanessa and she didn’t look at him at all. Then, when he got to her desk and said, “Did you get home safe?” He waited for her to answer but all she did was stare at her paper.
“Did something happen to you or did you see Tyson or did he hurt you?” Jay asked even louder this time.
“I got home safe and it seems you’re fine, so I think we shouldn’t talk anymore,” Vanessa said to him without looking at him. Her words came out cold.
“Why aren’t you looking at me and tell me what you mean by that,” Jay said almost bursting into the air.
“Why aren’t you mad at me , why aren’t you leaving me alone and haven’t you noticed no one is around me, why would you still be beside me when you’re in this type of situation?” Vanessa said.
“Why? to tell you the truth I don’t really know why I mean I’ve got into fights tons of time and it doesn’t seem different,” Jay said.
“Aren’t you scared of them; besides, they are a whole gang and it’s only you,” Vanessa said  looking at him.
“No, nobody should be scared of them they are just a group of punks that think they are stronger than anyone else in school,” Jay said.
“But didn’t you hear what is going around school?” said Vanessa.
“What?” asked Jay.
“I met Tyson this morning and I told him to leave you alone and when he asked me why I told him that because you liked me and I liked you and he got mad and took off. I don’t think he’ll bother you or maybe not,” Vanessa told him quietly. After, he heard what she said, he walked away from her and sat in his seat, and a couple of girls came up to him and said that they liked him from the start and asked him out, but Jay wasn’t listening to them; instead, he was thinking why would Vanessa say such thing without him knowing and now no one would go near her. After class ended, he went to his locker and found Tyson and his group.
“What is up with that frown and aren’t you happy she said that.” Tyson said.
“Why do you need to know? All you know how to do is hurt others and do you really think you’d  get her.” Jay said in a angry voice.
“Well I found out she likes guys who are strong but from what she saw yesterday was toughness from you, ha , to think I’d lose her to you,” Tyson said.
“Oh really ,and what are you gonna do about it?” said Jay.
“How about we get into a fight,” Tyson said to him and walked away.
“No I can’t .not here,” Jay said while thinking what his parents had said. Finally, it was the end of the day and Jay wanted to go home and put his mind to rest because of the crazy day he had . Outside of the school ,Tyson and his gang waited  and were ready to really beat the heck out of Jay. Then, as Jay walked outside Tyson and his gang grabbed him and pushed him really hard against the ground.
    “Hey,” shouted Jay. They pulled him to the ground, smacked him, threw him to the ground as hard as they can, and slammed him to the school’s wall. Finally, Jay got up and said, “Is that all you got Tyson?” He ran towards Tyson, slammed him down and started hitting him. By the time the staff stopped him Tyson was bleeding and had a broken nose.
    “Wow that’s the first time someone beat Tyson,” said a boy to his friend next to him.
    “Dang, he’s good,” said another.
But before the rest could start a conversion about him, the principal took Jay,Tyson,and his gang to his office. The principal suspended the gang for a month , suspended Jay for two days , and suspended Tyson for two months for bullying and harassing others. After Jay’s suspension, he finally made friends and one day they were hanging out at a cafe. Then, they saw Vanessa walk by, and one of his friends said, “Isn’t she pretty. she’s a goddess.”
“You are right she is beautiful but she’ll never choose us,” said another.
“Yeah ,have you forgotten she belongs to Jay ,” said the other.
“I really don’t even know her very well, so I don’t know what to do towards her anymore,” said Jay.
After, a whole month of his friends convincing Jay. Jay finally gave up and told them whenever he sees her then he’ll ask. One morning, as Jay walked into the school building he saw Vanessa and walked up to her and said, “Vanessa, can I talk to you for a few minutes?”
    “sure,” she replied and walked to him.
    “I was wondering, if you wanna go out with me?” Jay asked.
    “Of course, I’ve been waiting for you to ask me,” she said and hugged him. Then as Jay started dating her ; thereafter, he started to be popular the way he was when he was back in L.A., and Tyson and his gang finally left him alone and started bothering other people.