The truth the lies beneath us | Teen Ink

The truth the lies beneath us

December 8, 2014
By Shanna_1987 BRONZE, Ocala, Florida
Shanna_1987 BRONZE, Ocala, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

  It was Christmas morning and as always Alex sat home alone. Most kids her age where opening their new IPhone 5s or I Pad but not even one gift under the imaginary tree she had imagined, had her name on it. Her mother and father were who knows where and she was just home alone. The door creaked open and Alex barely even registered that the door opened. In came her father stumbling in drunk. As soon as she saw him she scrambled upstairs to her room and locked the door. The adrenalin was rushing through her and she looked at her window and weighed her answers while her "Father" banged on the door. Looking around she saw plenty of items to use as a weapon but not one thing to help her escape. Looking at her window she knew the jump was way better than what would happen when he would enviably burst through her door. Alex knew she couldn't jump if she did then would  protect her baby sister definitely not her parents.
   "Alexandria open this door" Sliding under her bed she tried to be as quiet as possible. Her father burst open her door. Sobs racked her body as her father drug her from under her bed.With his blood shot eyes and alcohol on his breath she knew tonight was going to be a hard beating. Alex immediately got into fetal position and protected as her father used her as his punching bag.
  The next morning she heard the cry of her sister, Callie.  Pulling herself out of bed, She looked at herself in the mirror. Nothing really noticeable except a scratch here and there but noticeable enough that she would be missing school this week. Ever since her sister's been born she's been missing more and more school. As she walked into her sister room she passed her mother passed out on the couch. Alex didn't blame her as much as she blamed her father, but her mother still shared some of the blame. Picking up her sister she got a diaper and a bottle and carried her to her room. "Shhh sweetheart before you wake up daddy... We wouldn't want that now would we?" 
To be Continued......