When Mischief is in Charge of Homecoming | Teen Ink

When Mischief is in Charge of Homecoming

By Breadstick SILVER, El Dorado, Kansas
Breadstick SILVER, El Dorado, Kansas

Don't tell me the sky is the limit when I know there have been people on the moon

Bored students swarm into the auditorium. They meander to their designated sections and take a seat. After everyone had entered the principal stepped up to the stage with a microphone.

“All right this is this years fall homecoming event,” the principal stated, “Now before we go on to the nominees I have two announcements.” The entire audience groans at this. “First” he continues not bothered by the moans, “ I need all of you to pay attention and get off your phones for a little while and secondly this years homecoming is organized by Issac Iserato, so please give him a big round of applause.” The audience woke up at that, all except the freshman. Issac was know through the school mostly as Loki and was a lot like what people thought the Trickster God would have been liked. If he was in charge of the Homecoming this would we a show to watch: and watch out for Issac was not one to downsize because the audience might be affected, no they could count on being interacted with in this assembly.

“Thank you Principal Chamber,” Issac began stepping onto the stage. The principal leaves and gives the entire stage to Issac. “So let us begin this Homecoming Assembly with a bang,” Issac proclaimed to the audience. Fireworks blast from the stage lighting up the dim auditorium and a banner saying bang unroll from the top of the stage. A large squeal goes over the room. “Sorry,” Issac apologies, “That was to wake up the freshman. Are you up yet?”

“Nope. Still asleep,” one of them cries out. A large smoke ball exploded around Issac: removing him from everyone’s purview. Then over by the back of the freshman section to the far left a similar explosion of smoke appears.

“Ladies and gentlemen we have our first write in candidate of the night,” Issac Shouts into is mic.

“Its still day stupid,” the freshman sneered.

“Well inside the curtains specially provided by Satan, hey Satan wave,” Issac asks the room. A spotlight shined on the opposite side of the auditorium revealing a red man wearing only a loincloth with an arrowhead on his tail and a pitchfork. The man appearing to be a stereotypical version of the incarnation of evil waves to the high school students staring with their jaw slacked. “Well since I am on the topic special thanks go to the teachers and the staff for letting this event happen. Also give a hand to the people of Shady Oaks Cemetery being the stage crew responsible to most of props and giving me an extra hand. Also let me introduce my co-host Tulwa.” The spot light moves back to the stage to show a small girl with short black hair. She stood firmly not showing any inclination or enthusiasm toward being on the stage. After being introduced she exits the stage and the light follows her until she leaves its range. “Right I should move on and introduce the people running for homecoming king and queen,” Issac remembered getting back on track, “So for this festive each candidate has color that they will be represented by. So, for our first homecoming king candidate representing red is Dracula.” To the shock of everyone gathered an unnaturally pale man appearing to be in his late twenties wearing a deep crimson undershirt and pants with a black cape with red inside. The man walking to the center of the stage appeared to have walked straight off an expensive Halloween catalog. “Something to note is many of the candidates for Homecoming this fall are people who need to take some test to be awarded their diploma for high school,” Issac informed the school.

“This is so like him,” Lara murmured to her friend.

“Yeah this is the profusion of organized chaos he is known for,” Even agrees, “I sure hope he does not drag us into it.”

“Why not?” Issac asked the spotlight causing Even and Lara to squint.

“He found us,” Evan surrendered.

“Yes I did,” Issac told his companions then speaking into the mic, “The second write couple representing white Evan and Lara.” Applause accompanies this one as the two friends shakily make their way to the stage once on it a cloud of white smoke removed them from everyone’s view. Once the smoke dissipated Evan could be seen wearing a blinding white suit that was difficult to look directly at, but even more surprising was the long gown Lara was wearing that seemed to be more suited for a wedding than homecoming. However, the thing that shocked everyone the most was the wings spreading out off their backs. In particular Evan and Lara who could feel the wings and move them. Trying to ignore the new sensations they sit in chairs as white as their new clothes next to Dracula’s red one. “Not bad huh?” Issac told the audience. The reply came in a thundering apposes from audience. “Now to get our other write ins ready,” Issac grabs the freshman and the girl sitting next to him and usher them out the door behind them. Issac walks from the right of the stage with no time laps from his exit with a confused pair in his arms.

Wha?” The girl questioned.

“This is not the proper attire for this,” Issac informed them.

He than proceeds to spin like a tornado and circles around both of them: finishing he bows than rises up and says, “ Our black candidates of Pier and Lucy.” Pier was decked out in a zoot suit made in the same color of the new moon. Lucy was wearing a long dress with a slit resembling the night sky with a few stars sparkling in the spotlight. A loud thud echoed.

“That was the sound of Pier’s jaw hitting the floor,” Issac explained. The audience laughs. Pier was muttering psychobabble as he and an embarrassed Lucky takes their thrones made out of obsidian.

Dracula coughs, “Could we please introduce my queen and the other actual contestants?” He asked annoyed.
Laughing, Issac appears behind Dracula smiling, “Of course so here is our red queen candidate Windy,” He announces. Windy looked anorexic and the tight fitting of her red dress did not hide this at all. However, no one was looking at that because they were all staring at the horns sticking out of her head: like a majestic deer they suited her wonderfully and made her figure look less like an issue.  Windy gracefully took a seat next to Dracula. “Quite a gal,” Issac said standing behind her chair: continuing he said, “Adam our king candidate of blue.” A giant of a man walks onto the stage wearing an extra large suit that looked too small on him. He was easily eight foot tall and built like he battled sci-fi giant robots to exercise. Adam also had a lot of scares on his body, most noticeably was the scares across his face. Also it was noticeable that Dracula did not seem to be on good terms with Adam. Adam took enormous stiff steps over to his blue chair on the other side of Dracula: as he past he noticeable stomped on Dracula’s foot and the sound of breaking bones was heard over the rucks the students were making. “And the blue queen,” Issac continued glossing over the bone breaking, “Eve.” A dark skinned woman robotically walked across the stage pausing once to wave to the audience. “Adam and Eve good names for the artificial couple,” Issac spoke into his mic with a smile. Adam glanced with a look of anxiety on his face. Tulwa walked over to Issac and whispered something in his ear. He seemed mildly surprised and shared the news with everyone, “It seems that out last contestants just ascended, so under everyone’s seat their should be a remote with ten buttons lined up colored red, blue violet, black, and white. Please get it out and while our candidates dance cast your votes for homecoming king and queen.” A lot of rustlings was heard in the audience as the candidates stood. The chairs pulled themself behind the stage. Jitterbug started playing and seeing nothing else to do Evan and Lara begin the dancing: soon Adam, Eve, Dracula, Windy, Pier, and Lucy join in that order. “Well that’s all for tonight folks,” Issac announces to you, “Sorry, you do not get to hear the results. See you in the next story I am featured in. This precludes our paradigm.” He says as the world fades to black. “Oh, “he says stepping out. “The moral is do not talk in school assemblies they are boring but you might learn something interesting.” Issac waves as the view turns to black, without interruption this time.