My Darling Wears A Mask | Teen Ink

My Darling Wears A Mask

By WallFlowerAlice GOLD, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
WallFlowerAlice GOLD, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

"Why wait when you only live once? Go out there dance, smile, and enjoy yourself! If your not having fun then darling your doing something wrong!"
- Therese

No matter how many times I told him that he was beautiful and talented it never assuaged his insecurity. My darling walked with his head down sad for no reason. He put a smile on his lips and blush a little light in his blue eyes. He smiled for me but when I was gone he frowned. I was his hero his lover's lane and I wanted him to soar. He could not get any peace any love from his family. He could not get a break from Mr.Fields or the boys in the class. He cried his eyes out saying no one cared, but I would always say darling I love you, darling I care, darling I adore you. He would cup his pale hands around my chin and smile and kiss me. I love you too he would say in his husky voice. God how I loved the sound of this voice how much I loved this boy. How much I would not give to see him again. To play with his long mahogany hair. I knew so well I was not perfect. I was never the prettiest girl in the class, or the really smart one either but I put it aside to enjoy life. My darling never understood that time fly's by and the four years would have passes so quickly. He never saw the way out the way I did. I always wore my imperfections on my sleeve and my darling  always wore a mask. I was his cheerleader his angel in disguise. My darling lies with Jesus now waiting for me. My dark beautiful angel I love you, darling I love you.

Something that inspired me to write this piece was my friend. He was my dark angel I really wished I told him all those things. People would honestly be surprised how powerful words are and how we all go through something. The struggle is real but there is always a way out to something better. There is always a way to enjoy life no matter how screwed it is :-)