The Dream | Teen Ink

The Dream

September 26, 2014
By sandyswitch SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
sandyswitch SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
8 articles 0 photos 1 comment

The day was as boring as always and i was sitting out all wrapped in my thoughts of how i want the world to be. Every night, before going to bed, i always pray that the world will be a better place and hope that by morning, my prayers will be answered and the world will change. I always imagined the world to be a place free of evil untils it came this night i did no expect.

I went to bed, said my prayers as usual and the next thing i saw, is i in a completely strange place. In this place, there was no ground but brightly green grass everywhere and the place was brighter than the sun and it was like darkness never existed. the people looked happy, peaceful and so contented with everything arround them. Looking at them made me feel how good peace can be and i said to myself "i don't want to leave this place". It was exactly how i had always dreamed the world to be. This was definitely a dream i didn't want to be awakened from. The people lived in harmony and perfection and all i wished was the real world to be exactly like that.

Then when i woke up from bed the next day and i was pondering over the dream i had the past night and constrsting it to how things operate in the real world. I realized i was wrong as well as the dream because the dream had just one part of it which was the virtue. They lived in a world where they were accustomed to good deeds and they had no idea how to face evil if they came in contact with it.

On the other hand, the real world is worthwhile because they are faced with both the worlds of vice and virtue. That way they are able to appreciate and give value to what value is. They are capable of having the two worlds and livings with them. We need evil in the world in order to guide in the right path in order words making us aware if we doing evil and turn to the good side. So you either chose to live with the vice or virture.

Since fom that day, i came to realize that living in this world is a matter of what it chooses to be. From then on, i had learned to love the world because i now know what entails to live in the world. I always appreciated and respected why the world is the way it is. i learned never to question what the world is and the world became easier to live in than before. I will say that was the best dream ever in my life. 


The author's comments:









 







Preferences
















§









1









2









3









4









5









6









7









8









9









0









-









=









Backspace









 









Tab









q









w









e









r









t









y









u









i









o









p









[









]















 











Return











 













 









capslock









a









s









d









f









g









h









j









k









l









;









'









\









 









shift









`









z









x









c









v









b









n









m









,









.









/









shift









 















 











English


















 

















































 


















alt


















alt









 
















 







Preferences