Love can make you do crazy things | Teen Ink

Love can make you do crazy things

By Srs42 GOLD, Coralville, Iowa
Srs42 GOLD, Coralville, Iowa

when life gives you lemons... eat them and make really weird faces at people.

My hands trembled with fear of the unknown. As my body became the opposite, paralyzed with horrified thoughts. A killer was in my presence. Waiting... Just waiting to snap my neck and everything with it. I could hear my family's cries, but then something changed. I heard my brother scream. My eyes went wide, my hand uncontrollably reached for the closet door. I slammed it open slashing everything and anything in my way. I could feel his screams getting louder, and more painful.

"This murderer may kill me tonight but my brother will live", I told myself with confidence." I can guarantee you that."

I took every step powerfully, determined to let my sibling... My best friend live. My eyes darted towards his room.

"This is it", I thought to myself. "I'm going to die tonight."

I ran in his room like a wild boar, running into the source of my brother's pain. I was only one girl, not even a strong one. But it's pretty funny what love can make you do. I had already called 911, so it wasn't too late for my brother. The man took his knife ... And drew the blade into my heart. His eyes were full of hatred, but I knew somewhere past his insanity was a soul. As blood gushed out everywhere... I heard the sirens.

"I forgive you", I whispered to my killer, knowing he only killed me, not my best friend.

Just for a second his gaze turned into confusion, then flickered back into panic. He ran, running away from the world once again. My brother rushed to my side. He looked at me with complete depression. I knew what this would do to him... I knew he wouldn't be the same. We both shed a tear one more time together and then... Lights out for me. Now my spirit lurks of protection of those who would rather die than have their sibling suffer.