Gertrude | Teen Ink

Gertrude

By wallflower3 GOLD, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
wallflower3 GOLD, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan

"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." -Randy Pausch

Disliked by nearly her whole school, it was no surprise when you saw her face smashed on to yet another lunch tray at 12:35pm. The high school lunchroom had been a terror for Gertrude, and getting her face pushed into lunch trays was no walk in the park.
What an ugly face it was. Her double chin being the highlight. The straggly, oily, red hair was no perk either. Her face was round, rounder than an orange on steroids. Her lips, thin and chapped, didn’t catch anybody’s attention except the boy who eats his own buggers and smokes weed, who probably was looking at her when he was high.
Oh but there are just a few more features I dare not to leave out. She had a long nose and extremely large nostrils that seemed to clash with her abnormally pale pasty skin, and her blue eyes were always bloodshot. Which means that she most likely had met up with bugger boy and had a hit.
Some people in this predicament would want to hide. But she did the best she could with what mental stability that remained. Not many clothes were able to fit around her whale of a body, but she somehow she tried to present herself the best she could. I admired her for that, but many people were as cruel as a pit-bull would be to any living thing.

This piece offers the more deep, cold, and bare side to a perspective thats more or less forgotten in our world today.