Normal

Do you ever just stop? Take a moment and just breathe and everything becomes easier, like the soft patter of sparkling rain against your window. Take it all in... Feel the icy air biting at your hands and then rub them together like mittens and feel the friction beneath your fingers gently warming you until you’re smiling again. Let the tap run on because you’re as free as a bird and money won’t ever truly matter. Close down all technology and listen to the dark whirling wind and sway with it, just let go of all tension and sway. Close your eyes and watch the darkness flicker and sparkle and excite and nothing will ever harm you.

But then you have to open them again. You have to feel the cold snaking into your body, have to breathe quickly and think fast as people lash out at you because they need a reason to be sad, to not have the realisation that they are the problem. You have to turn off the tap because otherwise you won’t be able to afford somewhere to live and the lousy excuse for food that contaminates yourself and makes you look down at your own living body with disgust. Turn on technology because who doesn’t need the buzz of media ringing in their head; reassuring them that they are sane, they are OK, they are normal? Open your eyes and melt the earth with your harsh, criticizing stare and know that you’re just the same. Listen and hear the noisy drumming of everybody going everywhere because everything has to have some sort of purpose; everything has to have a reason.

Let mayhem filter into your veins and taint your blood with normal.

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 12:46 pm:
Wonderful! You're a great writer! ^_^ there's a lot of truth in this. I especially like the last sentence of the second paragraph: "Listen and hear the noisy drummming of everybody going evrywhere because everything has to have some sort of purpose; everything has to have a reason. Wholeheartedly agree with you! Awesome job, WOWriting! ^_^ thank for sharing this!

WOWritingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 3:40 pm :
Awww thanks :) so sweet, made me happy

Choco-san said...
Jul. 3 at 3:29 pm:
Awesome, really captures the essence of today's society. The first paragraph was nice and sweet while the second intensified the piece which was a good touch. Although, personally I thought some wording choices didn't fit the situation; such as using "lousy". Everything else was vividly described but that word didn't exactly fit in. Great work overall!!

Jul. 4 at 3:02 pm :
I find that less formal words like 'lousy' sort of intensify the dislike or distaste in a piece, but thanks for the feedback anyway :)

CanadotasThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 1 at 12:15 pm:
The first paragraph was nice, the second was too familiar. Not the writing though, the situation. I love just being able to stop and do something childish or simple and enjoy it without any cares, but sooner or later we enter back into the real world. I really wish that the second paragraph didn't have to happen because it really is depressing haha. But anyways I can definitely connect with this, so good job!

Jul. 1 at 12:41 pm :
Thank u for your comments :) yeh the second para was a bit repetitive and i didn't mean for it be negative but somehow my work always ends up being like that... i dont no if that's a good thing but oh well :P

CanadotasThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 1 at 1:30 pm :
I definitely wouldn't say it's a bad thing. There was one point where you got on a roll and you can't help reading it fast, which I think is really good since the purpose is for everthing to come rushing back and be occuring all at once

Liv.HarrisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 30 at 1:15 pm:
I love how powerful this is! It has vivid descriptions and amazing interpretations of freedom! Keep writing, you're doing an excellent job! XD

Jul. 1 at 12:42 pm :
Thanks, means a lot :)

WritinGirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 30 at 9:09 am:
very nice, amazing description, great job!

ConstanceContraireThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 28 at 4:00 pm:
I liked it :D

Kestrel135This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 29 at 9:49 pm :
I really liked this! Drawing in the reader with the vivid and brilliant description of just letting it all go for a moment to take everything in was great. It was a refreshing and peaceful way to enter the piece. And then you move onwards, and get the stark realization that although that beauty is always there, rarely ever is there time to see it. It makes those few moments where we just breath and absorb what's around us even more special,; glistening beacons of comfort before we can slide ... (more »)

Jun. 29 at 9:50 pm :
(Sorry that I made that a reply it was supposed to be a separate comment. Oops...)

Jun. 30 at 11:04 am :
Awww thank you for your lovely comments kestrel and constance and writingirl as well :)))) made me happy...