Not so little | Teen Ink

Not so little

By KadiR PLATINUM, Livonia, Michigan
KadiR PLATINUM, Livonia, Michigan

"Live life now, this is not a rehearsal"~~unknown

Daddy's little girl. While never actually said, it was always pretty obvious that I was Daddy's girl. I was best friends with my mom, but it was always him who watched out for me. I was his treasure, he would say, and I knew it was true. I was the most important thing in his life. But then came the war. Most of you reading this are thinking about how sad it is that this girl lost her dad in battle. But no. I didn't lose my dad. Why am I talking in past tense then, you ask? Because there while there were many things--are many things-- that I never had any control over, being a woman was the most noticeable. The militia noticed. A group of four or five men from the enemy territory came to our village one day. I was at the well getting water for my family, and the men attacked me. I dragged myself home, bruised, cut, bleeding, humiliated. But when my father saw me, he turned away. That is no daughter of mine, he said. You see, it was never really me that my father cared about, it was my virginity. He only wanted to marry me off to a wealthy man. But once I was attacked, he knew that no man would want me, broken as I was. So I was no longer useful o my father, and he turned me out of his house. I was all alone in the world, at the time when I needed my father most. But Daddy's little girl wasn't so little anymore, now was she?

Frank22 said...
on Jun. 21 2014 at 1:37 am
Excellent site for teens. I hope that young teens will get helpful and reliable information and knowledge from this site and they can also share their issues and find the solutions of their problems.