The Two Kings and Their Princesses | Teen Ink

The Two Kings and Their Princesses

April 14, 2014
By loveaysia BRONZE, Sydney, Other
loveaysia BRONZE, Sydney, Other
4 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
Wanting To Be Someone Else Is A Waste Of The Person You Are.


Hi, My name is Skylar Jones. I am six years old and a fairy princess, well minus the fairy because sadly I can't fly. I live in a castle with Queen Sloane and the two court jesters, Shaun and Spencer. I know what you're wondering, where's the king? Well, King Patrick lives in a different castle with his butler or knight or something. There's another princess, too but she's an older one. I only see her when I go to the King's castle. Her name is Patricia, but she hates that name so I just call her Trish. She doesn't live with the King but in another castle with another Queen, weird right? The King's castle is bigger than my Queen's, but he only lives in one room in it and you have to take A LOT of stairs to get there and I mean A LOT. It's pretty strange and tiring if you ask me. Sometimes, the other princess and I swim in the King's pool. There are usually other princesses and princes or even queens and kings in the pool. I guess King Patrick lets them use it, too. We like to go at night, but it's not too dark because there's light under the water! Cool, right? The King always takes the other princess and I to a toy store and let's us get anything we want, or at least most of it. One time, the King took the other princess and I on a trip to a camp of a sort, where we stayed in a cabin. (Sadly, that was the last trip we took together.)

Sometimes, the court jesters pick fun at me, because they see their kings while I don't. (I never really understood the whole concept of how or why we had different kings, but it didn't really matter to me.) At times, I would run off crying, but sometimes I stood my ground and told them how amazing I thought my King was. (I'm still not sure whose is better.) The Queen and King never do things with me together it's always one or the other. The other kids at school have both their Queen and King with them, but I only have my Queen. I guess my Queen could also be my King at these times but that wouldn't work. After the camp trip, day after day and night after night, I asked where the King and the other princess where. The Queen told me they were on vacation. (Why would they go on vacation and not take me?) Nevertheless, I accepted the answer and eagerly waited for them to come back. (It seemed to be a rather long vacation.)

One day, the Queen gave me an image of a whole new life.( What was wrong with the one we had now?) The new life came with a new castle, a new king ( or knight with shining armor) King Michael, and even new princesses, Monroe and Mikayla and a new prince, Michael Jr. It sounded scary and fun all at once. But yet, I was slightly baffled. How could we have a new king when I already had one? I had made up my mind, He would be the king of this castle while King Patrick would be the king of his castle. He could be considered the new king, because he was with my Queen Sloane or a knight (with shining armor) because he put a smile on my Queen's face that I hadn't quite seen one like it before. Queen Sloane, King Michael, The Court Jesters (or princes) Shaun, Spencer and Michael Jr, and T Princesses Monroe, Mikayla, and myself Skylar, lived happily ever after in our new castle. I never saw King Patrick or the other princess Trish again, but I hope they had a happily ever after, too.


The author's comments:
Even though this is based on my real life story, it's still partly fiction. The names are all made up but are based on real people. I wrote it when I was around seven or eight but I revised it so it doesn't sound like how an eight year old would speak. I hope you catch on to what's happening and its not to baffling. Thank You :)