Lable Me | Teen Ink

Lable Me

By MunaFarah BRONZE, Faribault, Minnesota
MunaFarah BRONZE, Faribault, Minnesota

Say what you want to say and let the words fall out honestly.

Living in a world where you get criticized wasn’t easy especially if you’re new to a country and have to learn a new culture. For Safari Hayez life was even worse, The first day safari came into her new school she felt isolated and invisible she looked around and before she noticed she was being stared at from head to toe. She walked down a hallway where she felt like a monster people whispered, and humbled, and giggled in a way she never saw before. She ran to the bathroom and cried her soul out knowing this was a place she would never fit in.
Safari Hayez was a young teen who was 16 years old from Nairobi Kenya, she never met her father or mother she lived in a farm with a family the kind of family nobody wants as family. She was beaten for eating too much from the family even though she would eat scraps or sometimes nothing at all. At age 12 she was raped by the man who took her in, she was beaten everyday out of boredom she lived a horrible life with an alcoholic. Safari was a Yemen Arab form Yemeni Safari grew old enough to run away from the abusive family that ruined her life since she was a child. She arrived in Raleigh North Carolina where she attended south view junior high, she was called nick names “hey curls! Wanna go on a safari” kids at her school would say to her because of her curly hair.
Everyone in her school called her names even though she was beautiful, Safari was 4’9 shorter than most students at her school, she was tiny and very skinny. Safari got through most of high school and had a job and lived on her own by senior year safari got through it all people left her alone and she finally fit in. One day Safari noticed there was a new girl in school she looked really different from everybody else and looked scared just like when Safari first arrived. Safari found the girl wondering around. Safari went up to her and said “hi I am safari nice to meet you”, “I am hayva nice too meet you as well” and the girl wondered off. After a few weeks Safari noticed everyone was more brutal on Hayva than when she first came just like Safari, Hayva was criticized and had nicknames. After a couple months Hayva seemed to disappear and Safari never saw her at school anymore she noticed Hayva barley attends school that much at all until one day she saw hayva sprinting to the bathroom Safari was going to be late for class so Safari went to class and hoped to see Hayva later on. Safari went into the bathroom after class and couldn’t believe what she saw Hayva was dead on the ground it seemed Hayva committed suicide Safari screamed “SOMEBODY HELP PLEASE!!” she walked around seeing blood gushing out of her body than, Safari noticed there was a letter near the body the words were in red pen safari started to read and it said LABLE ME in big bold letters Safari began to cry but she knew there was no time. She ran to the main office and there were police flooded everywhere but Safari couldn’t understand why Hayva couldn’t hang on a little longer. The police discovered Hayva didn’t have family either and she was from Yemeni also Safari found this weird one day, the police stopped by Safari’s apartment. “Safari Hayez this is the police department open up we found DNA on Hayva and you seem to be her only family “. “WHAT we were barley good friends how is it that am her relative!?” “You both have the same DNA you seem to be her sister”. Safari couldn’t believe it Hayva was her sister her long lost sister she smiled but began to cry she just found a sister and now she’s gone.

I hav3 always loved thinking outside the box.