The Boy | Teen Ink

The Boy

By Micah Watney BRONZE, Sterling, Kansas
Micah Watney BRONZE, Sterling, Kansas

The boy walked slowly under her window, thinking about whether to throw a pebble or not. He had been concerned for Sasha’s well being ever since they had their argument earlier that day. She had always taken things harshly when they got in a fight. But, they were usually ridiculous arguments. This one had not been, and the boy recognized that it really had been his fault after all. He came to ask for her forgiveness knowing he would most likely not receive such kindness.
He heard a noise coming from the window above him. It was opened with curtains blowing in and a sort of moan coming out. Immediately he climbed the tree that was right next to her window to see what was going on. Reaching the top and squinting his eyes he was able to see a silhouette crouched over as if in pain. Physical pain.
Without thinking, the boy jumped to reach into the window. Grabbing the ledge he pulled himself up to see Sasha look up with her wrist covered in blood. Sasha looked into his eyes and collapsed while mouthing sorry.

In our creative writing class we were supposed to write a 150-200 word story starting with "The boy walked slowly under her window, thinking about whether to throw a pebble..." and I decided to publish it here.