Scare Away the Nightmares | Teen Ink

Scare Away the Nightmares

By Johanna_Rose PLATINUM, Warsaw, Other
Johanna_Rose PLATINUM, Warsaw, Other

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.

-
Get away from me! – The girl roared, swinging her arms around. She was asleep, running away from a three headed monster.
-
It’s ok. – Her boyfriend said, gently grasping her wrists. – It’s all ok.
Her eyelids snapped open. She was panting, her form trembling. – Again. I had it again! – She cupped her face, holding back a cry.
-
It’s over now… You’re safe. – He assured, embracing her tightly.
-
It keeps chasing me… It’s claws dig into my legs. It hurts so much.
-
I know… - He laid a gentle kiss on her forehead. – I’m here now. The nightmares are gone.
-
They will be back tomorrow. Just like every night. It won’t stop! – She hiccupped, cuddling into his chest.
-
It will. – His chin lay on her golden hair, his hand smoothing her back. – You know what the guy said, you have to face these nightmares. Stop running away.
-
They want to kill me! How can I not run away?!
-
It’s nothing but a dream. And then you wake up. All safe.
-
It doesn’t feel like it. All that darkness, it’s going to consume me… I’m afraid.
-
Everyone can be afraid. But you have to face that fear or it’s not going to let you go… -
She pulled back. – How is it that you’re never afraid?
-
Are you kidding me? I’m afraid all the time.
-
Liar. Like when?
He scratched his neck nervously and took a deep breathe. – I’m afraid every day. When you walk home alone. When you drive by yourself. It scares the crap out of me. Never seen such a bad driver in my life. And every night when you scream and the first thought I get is that something horrible happened. It’s not easy to be with you.
-
Why didn’t you ever tell me about this?
-
Well… Never got a chance I guess. I wanted to keep this paranoia to myself. – She smiled lightly, entwining their fingers.
-
Want to go back to sleep? – He asked, yawning.
-
Yeah… - They lay in an embrace, looking at each other. – You really think I’m a terrible driver?
-
You’ll never let me live that one down, will you? – They chuckled. She closed her heavy eyelids, holding onto his hand.
-
Sleep. – He murmured. – I’ll scare away the nightmares.

I just like romance, I'm a real marshmallow.