Noisy Neighbors | Teen Ink

Noisy Neighbors

January 30, 2014
By tinyteenie2 GOLD, Alliance, Ohio
tinyteenie2 GOLD, Alliance, Ohio
18 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Leo a 20 year old; tall with black hair cut short spiky on the edges with brown eyes lives in a small condo on a dead ended street earlier today, the house next to him was moved into… Leo sighed when his ears picked up loud noises from next door. He would of not minded much if the noise didn’t keep him from sleeping or working on his novel. Leo created himself a deadline for his novel and the deadline was in two weeks.

Leo stood up walked over to his window and closed even though the evening breeze kept him calm and focused. Closing the window only worked until his office became very hot and unbearable so he re-opened the window and instantly the loud noise followed. Frustrated, Leo left his condo with many thoughts swarming in his head, once he reached his neighbors door, he pounded his fist on the left side of the door.

His neighbors Kaya and Lin teenager sisters, answered and laughed at Leo as soon as they noticed the reddening of his face due to his own frustration. Leo then takes a deep breath and asks them in a polite manner if they could quiet down a bit. Kaya and Lin looked at each other then asked him in a polite manner “Why?” Leo took a deep breath calming himself then replied “ I am working on a novel”.

Kaya and Lin looked at each other then asked “ how long do we need to be quiet?” Leo blinked slightly confused then answered “ two weeks straight” Kaya and Lin nodded in agreement then offered to Leo that once his novel was finished that they would like to read it. Leo nodded then left home to rest. For the next two weeks it was silent and Leo had difficulty coming up with more ideas so he walked back over to his neighbors door and gently knocked.

Lin answered the door with a confused look on her face then asked “What do you need?” Leo said gently with a slight chuckle “ The noise back” Lin looked at him confused then understood laughing she walked back inside and the loud noise came back to life. Leo walked back home with ideas swarming in his head again allowing him to complete his novel.

When the novel was finished he asked his publisher to mail two copies to his neighbors for them being helpful in him completing it. The novel was named “The Loud Noise from close by” Leo glanced towards his neighbor’s home and noticed Lin walking out slowly to the mailbox opens it and a smile spreads wide across her face she waves at Leo then walks into her house.

Leo in his novel describes the noise as a mixture of sound waves that hammer at his window and the hammering is his inspiration trying to enter his mind the window to create ideas. Without the hammering the window would of never received any ideas. Also Leo found out the loud noise was a mixture of music and sounds on high volume.