Son Rise

A heavy breeze slapping me in the face as I sat, wondering why everything in my life has gone wrong. From the day I met him I knew he was trouble, the slaps, the kicks, the pulling, and pushing. “I didn’t want this…I’m too young”, I would say to myself while looking in the mirror. I’ll cry for help, but looking in his eyes I had something special just for me, for the first time I realize life is not as hard as I make it seem. Forgetting about my worries and not calling it a mistake I lay eyes at my beautiful son.

BeilaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 4:14 am
I love that you wrote from a different person's perspective and truly took the opportunity to stand for a while in her shoes. The creative title caught my eye; great job there! I feel like you could proofread a little and maybe add some line breaks to improve flow, but overall, this is a beautiful piece.

pree03 said...
I truly feel as if I am in the delivery room with her. I love the piece