Changed | Teen Ink

Changed

January 6, 2014
By Author5 PLATINUM, New City, New York
Author5 PLATINUM, New City, New York
20 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
I say goodnight because saying goodbye would mean forever


I stepped inside. I bit my lip and looked displeased as I scoped the area. I could tell that she’d be there. I didn’t want to be seen. It was as if my heart sank to a whole new level and my usual rush of excitement wasn’t there anymore. I almost felt hollow. I rushed to my locker door and played with the lock for a bit. I finally opened my locker. It was empty. I remember when it was full. I had a huge variety of pictures of me and her. That was before I took them all down and threw them in the trash bin a few feet away from my locker. Tears rushed down my face and anger flew wildly across my mind. Now that’s just a sudden memory, but I still think about it from now and again. I put my books in my locker and closed it to the laughter of someone familiar. I looked around and then I found them. My face went into some more displeasement. I tried to hold back tears. I rushed to my first period class memories rushing through my mind of a time when i was more happy. I look back though, when I was about to push open the door to Biology when there she was. Laughing with them, being with them, acting like them and worst of all; being them. She stopped her laughing and her eyes focused into mine while she stood there with a blank face of regret. I look back on when she was innocent and always hated them, but now looking at her, she is more satisfied with life than me! We drifted apart when I wanted us to be stronger together. I swung open the door and rushed inside because what I knew would happen, actually did happen. My best friend doesn’t exist anymore.


The author's comments:
Don't you hate it when you have a friend from long ago end up changed from how they were in the past? Yeah, me too...