The Broken Artist | Teen Ink

The Broken Artist

By PissOff SILVER, Vaughan, Other
PissOff SILVER, Vaughan, Other

My eyes fluttered as I opened them in the blinding light. 12:00pm the clock read. Wait! 12:00pm?!? I was late for work! But then I decided screw it. I was already late, no use of trying to get there on time. So I got ready, grabbed a bagel and was out the door. I walk out from the apartment, and took a taxi to my job down town to the heart of the city.
I was designing a building for a new mall in New York; the CEO of the company was paying big bucks for this mall saying “It’d be the change of the whole company! The mall of the century just think about it’ll be the biggest mall yet!” When, there’s a knock, I looked up. It’s her, Cassie’s sister, Janet. “Hello, Samuel. It’s been a long time.” She smiled her all too fake smile, as I gestured her to sit down, clearly she was gritting her teeth as she talked to me.
“Janet, it’s good seeing you again, so why are you here?”

“Well, Cassie’s here, she wants to have a little chit chat about something important. You don’t have to go or anything. She said you’d know where to meet her, and to be there by 4:15 pm.” Boy, did I know where to meet her, and the place she wanted to meet me was by the lake. I checked the clock 2:33pm. I decided to make Janet suffer by asking her a bunch of random questions. Around 3:00pm Janet decided to leave, she got up in a posh way smoothing out her skirt before walking out the door. An hour later I decided to meet Cassie, just to see her one last time.

I walked over to the lake heading to the place where we’d always meet, just by the trees where just enough shade covered a bench. My head rushed and flowed with thoughts, to many thought to count, to many to stay focused. I looked up to the sky to see it has been covered with grey clouds. Gee, if it starts raining then this will become cliché, I thought to myself. Then as if on cue it started raining, and it started raining hard. I was cold, sad, mad, happy, wet, and confused; finally I saw the familiar figure of the girl I once loved. As she came closer I saw she was hold her clear plastic umbrella, and wearing her favourite polka dot dress. I however did not go and hug her; I just stood up, as she approached me.
“Sam it’s been a while. I know I shouldn’t have left without an explanation why I left. The reason I left you, and moved to Los Angles was because I was cheating on you with another man. I couldn’t tell you that because I knew how much it’d hurt you if I were to tell you. So I left to give you time to get over me. I’m sorry.”
My face and hair were dripping wet and both hands were in tight fists. Her voice came out weak and shaky, my voice held but becoming weak. I looked at her once more, noticing a golden ring on her finger... No....No...No. I kept saying it in my head, until I said it out loud. She held her hand out to touch me on the shoulder but I moved away from her touch as if it was laced with toxicants. “One more thing, I’m getting married to the same man on Saturday at 1:00pm. I was hoping you’d forgive me and do an art piece for the wedding.”

“I can’t believe you waited this whole time, to talk to me. It’s been two years since you left! I never forgot you, not one day has gone by that I didn’t think of you!” I paused, “I hope you’re happy.” I was shocked about the icy in my voice, since my voice never sounded that cold. She looked at me with a twinge of hurt and sadness. She then handed me a card that told me where to find her. She turned around leaving me in the cold hard rain and I watched her catch a taxi to her hotel, before I left.
Afterwards, I started to painted strokes after strokes, colours lining, blurring, into something wonderful. I put my brush away, standing back, and admired the painting for awhile. The picture took 5 hours, it was a quick painting but one of my best work yet; it was a picture of torment, a picture that showed hate, forgiveness, love and most of all sadness. I know she might not realize it, when she does get the picture I hope she knows, how much I loved her

ladybugsrock SILVER, Billings, Montana

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cool piece of literature! I really like painting and art so this piece was especially exciting to read! I recommend reviewing your work for some grammer mistakes but other than that, its wonderful! If you wouldn't mind looking at some of my work too, thatd be great! Id really appreciate it if you could comment and rate them. Thanks