Gilliam Vs. Gaycule | Teen Ink

Gilliam Vs. Gaycule

By H0L1D4y BRONZE, Langley, Other
H0L1D4y BRONZE, Langley, Other

"Don't Panic." - The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

Scuffed and having lost its polish long ago, the brassy- colored button no longer shines. Two rampant lions, one on a shield and one above, surrounded by a banner. This button could have been found on the sleeve of any schoolboy in England’s Blisterthing’s Academy. This button, particularly had come off of the sleeve of a prominent youth by the name of Gilliam Knight, as he landed a powerful right hook to the left cheekbone of a certain Gaycule Montverde. However, before one would come to an understanding of why two youths who attended so excellent an academy would come to have involved themselves in so savage an act of violence, one must first understand who these apparent bitter enemies were.

Gilliam Knight, like all of the youths at the academy, had come from a wealthy family of toilet paper manufacturers, not to say that all of the youths had come from toilet paper manufacturing families, but that they had come from wealthy families. If one were to describe an evening with the handsome, blond-haired young man, often the two words ‘good’ and ‘time’ would enter in to the description. Gilliam had many close friends who constantly surrounded him. They would often be seen congregating around areas of the academy, telling stories, jokes and sharing accounts of misadventures.

His bitter nemesis would undoubtedly be the ever so stuck up Gaycule Montverde. Once they were friendly rivals, but that had gone far beyond simple escalation. Gaycule would have been defined at that time as a teacher’s pet, much to the annoyance of the professors, and he was often disliked by those who stood with Gilliam for his rat-like qualities. He had gotten many other students punishments such as lines, detention, dunce caps and the ever so popular and dreaded strap. Gaycule had himself his own gang of miscreants and misfits who were almost as snotty as he was.

The incident in which the button had fallen off, first began with Andrew Wayworth whilst he had been traversing an alleyway behind the mess hall, searching for the beloved dorm pet rabbit named Weavel. Andrew was a short, round shaped, bespectacled character who happened to be Gilliam’s dearest and most trusted friend.

Andy called out Weavel’s name in a hushed voice, trying not to wake the other students, or alert the groundskeeper, for it was past curfew, but in hopes that the rabbit would hear the call with its long ears. In response to the call, out of the shadows emerged the terrified bunny rabbit, cradled in the arms of a sinister looking Gaycule. Standing around Gaycule were the thugs who were often associated with him. Nothing needed to have been said. There were five of them including Gaycule. Andy demanded that he have the rabbit and Gaycule drew out a pocket knife, threatening to make a fine stew of Weavel.

Gaycule then made the mistake of insulting Andy by calling him overweight, and that threw Andrew into a mad rage, and he began to unleash his wrath upon the other boys in a fistful fury. Andy had often remarked that it was not fat, but power. He gave a good fight but they over powered him eventually. When all had appeared to have been lost, out of the fog and shadows, across from them, were five other boys who stood like legends upon the grassy field. The voice belonged to non-other than Gilliam Knight.

And epic battle was then waged, and the fight was glorious in the attempt to rescue the beloved pet. The heroes became exhausted as they began to lose to the villains, but then Andrew broke free from the grasps of the larger boys who held him down and the playing field was made even again, until eventually it came down to Gilliam and Gaycule, locked in an intense display of flying fists.

Gaycule attempted to strike Gilliam upon the face but it was parried and countered with a right hook so solid, and so vicious that it shook the button from Gilliam’s sleeve. This sent Gaycule back onto the field and his gang had begun to retreat. Gilliam turned to his faithful followers with his bloodied knuckles in the air expressing his joy at the victory that they had gained. And so the heroes walked off into the foggy October night, back to their dorms where the victorious warriors would rest.

The story of a button.