Sketch Person of My Mom | Teen Ink

Sketch Person of My Mom

By NicholasL BRONZE, Toledo, Ohio
NicholasL BRONZE, Toledo, Ohio

"When you look good, you feel good.
When you feel good, you play good.
When you play good, they pay you good." - Deon Sanders

You know you’re a sports fan when every changed decision is an “audible” and every strong idea is a “home run.”

"I never cared about acceptance as much as I cared about respect." - Jackie Robinson

"You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice." - Bob Marley

As I sat down one night, I thought about who had had the greatest impact on my life. Everyone who had been involved in my academic and athletic lifestyles came to mind. I came to reality and I was looking in the wrong part of my lifestyle. These people have passed through my life. However, the person who had the most impact was one who affected me everyday. My mom has had the greatest value on my life. Her heart and determination are something that I can only hope to have one day. I have watched her run a household while trying to balance returning to work. I did not come to senses when I was younger, what strength it took to take on this role of life. Now, as I am in junior year of high school, I cannot imagine how hard it must have been to juggle the everyday work of being a full-time mother as well as the workload of helping me become who I am today. My mom never hesitated to rush into anything. She has let me make the decisions I have and with her guidance I have been the man I am today. Overall it can’t be written or said how much my mom has shown me, that with determination and confidence I could accomplish anything. As the years have passed, my mom and I have grown even closer and I’m so happy to be her son forever.. and always.

I love my mom and everything she does!