A Mirror's Fracture

A flaw.
That’s all I am; a flaw in this elegant mirror. A beginning web of jagged dreams, a distortion of wonderful reflection and desire. I am not lovely; not lovely enough to show the unique light that leaps within my looking glass.
Yet she still tends to me, grasping my mirror’s carved, golden handle in her tiny, warm little hand. Her curls jumble as if she hasn’t tamed it in weeks, her clothes are mixmatched and bruises spread across her arms. Yet she ignores her appearance, tightening her grip on my handle and whispering to both of us, “I’m not perfect.” Walking away with a skip in her step, she seems much happier after she glanced at me.
Me. A flaw.
But I’m not perfect, and like the craters of the moon, we revel in our imperfections and define life within the canvas of a fractured mirror.

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 8 at 7:31 pm:
This is so perfect i have no words. Amazing. Keep rockin Hannah :)

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 6:47 pm :
Thank you :)

dbk1098This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 26 at 5:13 pm:
This is fantastic!!!! I love how real it is! Like anyone can relate to this  situation! It has a lot of depth as well, which I enjoy!

ValerieDanielaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 24 at 8:39 pm:
omg! ! ! it's better thatn GREAT it's it's it's ahhh i don't know the word for it but it is a GREAT piece lol very related 

Sinister-VonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 23 at 11:30 pm:
Tiss i really like this, It tells me that there is more out there that i can learn:) Thank you for letting me read it.

Jun. 24 at 8:25 pm :
Im so happy u like it and glad I inspired you in some way. Thats the job of writers, yeah?

NiquelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 23 at 5:39 pm:
I saw the link to your poem on the chat site. I love this poem! Very good indeed. Five stars. :) I love these kinds of poems and write poems kind of like this. Most of mine involve r.ape and insecurities. I love this poem. Really great job.

jimmy_aThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 23 at 9:39 pm :
That was beauty man, i think a lot of people feel this way sometimes but we gotta remember that we aint perfect. your flaws are what really make you you! keep writing you have talent

Jun. 24 at 8:24 pm :
Wow! Thank u so much for your wonderful comments :)