Secrets of Lynnatopia | Teen Ink

Secrets of Lynnatopia

By Nanas SILVER, Council Bluffs, Iowa
Nanas SILVER, Council Bluffs, Iowa

~The only thing greater than knowledge is imagination~

I’m swimming forward in the deep mysterious sea. As I swam into deeper water, studying the creatures that live there, I came upon an under water cave. My intuition was telling me to go back. However my curiosity took over and I started swimming into the dark cave. My air tank was running out of oxygen, so I swam upward. When I reached the surface, I quickly found an island of rock that I could go on. As I striped myself from the scuba diving gear, I heard foot steps among the rocks.
“Who’s there?” I yelled. From behind a mount of rocks came a girl no older than twenty-five. “Who are you, and why are you here?”She said. “My name is Cassandra. I’m an oceanographer.” I said scared. “Well get out of here and never return. If you tell anyone about this place, we’ll find you and you’ll be sorry.”“No Anita.” A deep, dark voice said. “Father!” The girl said startled. “It’s far too late for her to leave.” He said staring me down. “She knows where to find this place now. It’s far too dangerous to let her go. You better come with us.” He said strictly.
I had no choice but to go with them. My tank was out of air and there’s no way I could make it out of the cave without putting up a fight. I followed them to a gate, supervised by soldiers. As the gates were opened the sunlight blinding and there were mountains surrounding a village with many cottages and small markets.
“Where am I?” I asked. “This is a much different world than yours.” The man said.
“Welcome to Lynnatopia.” Anita said Very welcoming. The man and Anita took me into a palace that sat alone. We went inside and they lead me into a small room with a table and chairs. “Come sit over here, and you can tell me why you are here.”The man said. “Before I tell you anything, I would like to know who you are, and about Lynnatopia.” I said stubbornly.
“Very well then, I’m King Jonathan, and this is my daughter,Anita.”He said.
“So you rule this whole kingdom then?”I asked.
“Yes. My father and I do.” Anita said.
“What about the queen?” I asked.
“She died shortly after conceiving Anita. My wife was cursed by a very powerful sorceress who grew extremely jealous of her .” Jonathan explained as he held back the tears.
I told them about how I was sent to study about the sea animals that live in the southern seas. We talked for hours about our lives and they took me around the village. All of the Lynnians stared at me like I was a lethal creature. They gave me a suite to stay in at the palace. They took me in like I was an orphan. I got new things and was treated like one of them. A few years had gone by, and Anita and I were closer than I had ever been with anyone before. We were like sisters. One day we were down by the river. By that time, I’d forgotten all about my worries of getting home. Just being there made me feel like I had always lived there. While we were talking, we heard a loud noise that filled the skies. Rocks started tumbling down the mountains, birds fluttered in the sky. Lynnians screamed and scattered in the village.
“What’s going on?” I asked in a panic. “I don’t know, but we better get out of here, and tell father.” Anita exclaimed, while heading back to the palace.
“We better hurry. The rocks are coming down very harshly.” I added.
When we arrived, Jonathan was outside looking around in shock. “Father, we’re back!” Anita hollered while approaching him.
“Anita, Cassandra! I was worried sick.” He said.
“Jonathan, what’s going on? Are we being attacked?” I said.
"I don’t know, but I have an idea.” He said. “You come with me.”
We went inside, and Jonathan led us to an underground tunnel. I didn’t want to ask where we were going because I could sense then wasn't the time. We came to a gate that looked very familiar to me. He opened it and we came into a cave.
“I know this place. This is how I got to Lynnatopia, isn’t it?” I said slowly remembering.
“Yes, have you forgotten about this Cassandra?” Anita said in shock. “Yes, until now. It’s all slowly coming back to me. I was an oceanographer, and I was studying the oceans."
I looked at where the entrance used to be. It was blocked by huge boulders that must have fallen. From that moment I knew I could never go back to my old world again. “We better get back. I must calm the village and let them be aware it was only an earth quake.” Jonathan exclaimed.
I felt horrible I’d forgotten all about my family and friends.
“Are you coming Cassandra?” Anita asked.
“Yes, I’m coming.” I said as I held back the tears. When we got back, Jonathan wanted to call a meeting with all the Lynnians.
“I would like to thank you all for coming after what happened a short while ago,” Jonathan started. “It was an earthquake. For all the damage that happened, and I’m willing to pay for the damages. I have one more announcement before this meeting is done. As you all know, three years ago Cassandra found her way in to our world, and the entrance is closed for good. She has accepted my offer to become my adopted daughter.” They all started to cheer and applaud. I couldn't believe I was finally a member of the Lynnians.
My name is now Cassandra Marie Diaz, Princess of Lynnatopia. No human, but me, knows about this place and it will always stay that way, forever more. This is my secret of Lynnatopia.

on Feb. 16 2013 at 8:20 am
ForeverMystery GOLD, Toronto, Other

“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

It was just...WOW! What an imagination. Keep it up!