By Myself. | Teen Ink

By Myself.

By UtneyAnna SILVER, Big Lake, Minnesota
UtneyAnna SILVER, Big Lake, Minnesota

I want you to look at everything you've done in life. Make a mental checklist and check off the one's you've done without help. By age twelve, the number of checks increases.
And at 15, the majority of your list should be checked.
but what if, instead, none of them were checked. At age fifteen, nothing was checked. You relied constantly on other people. You've never even thought of doing things alone.
then on your birthday, sweet sixteen, everybody figures you're old enough to be on your own. Suddenly, you have to make your own checkmarks.
It'd be hard, right?
Be independent girls(and boys). If you're a protected child, do as much as you can on your own.
Because whether we like it or not, we will be shoved into the world, ready or not.

Peers and friends are going through the stages of grwing up, as am I. As are you. Teen years are a transition from child to adult. Sometimes, that hits you hard.

on Jan. 1 2014 at 9:49 pm
UtneyAnna SILVER, Big Lake, Minnesota
Haha, I wish TeenInk had "Like" buttons like Facebook does so I could like your comment. (:

on Jan. 1 2014 at 5:57 pm
Peacemakerz PLATINUM, Cupertino, California

The world will never have lasting peace so long as men reserve for war the finest human qualities. Peace, no less than war, requires idealism and self-sacrifice and a righteous and dynamic faith.
-John Foster Dulles

I love this, so touching! I get the meaning and although it wasn't that descriptive it made me cry. I hope when I get out to reality I will able to do what I had in mind.