Release

Here I am on the edge of a cliff looking down at the tumultuous waves. The circumstances that brought me into this situation are horrendous. Bad luck had fallen upon me worse than ever before.

The wind ran its icy fingers through my long hair and buffeted my emaciated body. How simple it would be to let the wind take the reigns. To let it push me off this cliff with the aid of gravity.

I stare, mesmerized, into the watery depths below. The release of death beckons me with each roaring wave. Calls for me. I have nothing left. I clench my eyes shut and step into nothingness.

TheCapturedBatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 5:30 pm:
I can tell that this came out of deep sadness. Your writing is beautiful and I hope that this difficult time has passed and you've emerged safely.

Apollo77This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 23 at 8:07 pm:
umm, wow...direct. I like the power in it, and I think it is quite beautiful and captures despair and stuff very well.