Unwanted Suspicions | Teen Ink

Unwanted Suspicions

By Riah772 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
Riah772 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

"It wasn't me!"

These were the words that have constantly been flowing from my mouth. Never had I known how difficult it would be to diffuse the suspicion many have against me.

I wasn't the killer of Herman Mildew. The cruel hearted man had a life of his own, a life I didn't want to be apart of. Yes, I'll admit that I knew him. Notice how I said knew. I'm not saying this because he is now deceased, but because of an event that had happened in the past.

Truthfully, he was my editor. The man with no morals was my editor. It's hard to believe, but it is what it is. As talented as the man was, he was too opinionated for me. Together we were like fire and ice. We didn't mix. Their were arguments and a few acts of aggression on his part.

I knew him for 3 months and the tension between us started the day we met. What can I say? It was impossible for people to like him, let alone try to. He was loud, arrogant, nasty, and a very unorganized man.

Besides, I wasn't even available on the day of his death. September 21 was a busy day for me. I had an interview with a well known colleague of mine, Mathew Rodrigez. He can prove to you that I was with him for most of the day. I'm not even aware of how he was murdered!

After our interview I went straight home, two hours away from Kingston Plaza where our interview took place. My day was so busy that I didn't even have enough time to visit Mildew. Not that I would want to. I did plan on visiting him on that night to try to adjust our relationship with one another but I wasn't in the mood to deal with that dilemma. I wasn't looking for another vicious comment about me on his facebook status.

Though I had a great disliking of him, my dislike was not up to the level of murder. For all that we know the guy could have gotten himself mixed up with the wrong type of people.

I wouldn't put it past him.

- Mariah T.

Best Selling Author of "The Times"