Without You | Teen Ink

Without You

December 26, 2012
By GraceRector BRONZE, Los Angeles, California
GraceRector BRONZE, Los Angeles, California
3 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
One is not born into the world to do everything, but to do something- David Henry Thoreau


“Hey Claira!”
“Hey Matt!”
“What’s new?”
“Nothing, you?”
“ My mom...”
“What about her?”
“I have to go.”

As the days passed, Claira became curiouser and curiouser, she didn’t have a clue what Matt meant when he said “My mom...” Claira wanted to find out, so she invited Matt and his mom, Julie over for a barbecue.

Ding dong. Claira finished putting down the white and Red checkered cloth and ran to get the door. “Hey!” exclaimed Claira. As Matt’s mother, Julie, walked in, Claira examined everything about her, but saw nothing strange. Claira thought she might as well have fun while her best friend was over, so she ran outside with Matt. “I’m gonna get you!” Taunted Matt. Claira dove into the nearest bush trying to “Come on out, I’m not gonna hurt you!” Claira saw his water gun, so she quietly jumped out of the bush behind him, grabbed the gun, and drenched him! “Ha ha ha, I am the champion my friend!” Claira said while gasping for breath because of all the laughter.

“Game’s not over!” said Matt, so she leaped into the nearby bush ready to begin, when he looked over to Julie. Julie was griping the sides of her chair, breathing heavily. “Mom!” Matt exclaimed “what’s wrong?”

Sandra, Claira’s mom said, “ Claira! Go dial 911, and Matt, come over here and help me. So with urgency, Claira ran to the phone in the kitchen and rapidly dialed 911. In her head she was having a hard time believing she just called a number that was said to be called only in emergencies, and realizing this was an emergency. Going back to the moment, she started on her feet again to the back door.

There were sirens screeching, people running, and people crying. Claira realized Matt was the person that was crying the most, so she ran over to comfort him. She looked around desperately, looking for his mom, and then a second later she saw his mom on a litter going into an ambulance.


The author's comments:
This is a piece I just began and wanted to share. This piece is about friendship, love, and support.